Wednesday 27 September 2023

September Catch-Up

Mal's Blog Post

No matter how many times I have seen this, I still laff out loud!!!



► (Sept. 15) I managed to get myself one of these frozen neck rings, in preparation for the coming summer temps here in Oz.

Oh yes... MS & Heat SUCK! πŸ§‘πŸŽ—️


► (Tuesday 20 Sept.) I can happily say I visited part of our local Hospital that I never knew existed today! Twas only Pathology, but tucked away in some subterranean chamber of secrets [laffs]. All tested and all's good.


► Stent removal procedure and Kidney Stone Removal via Laser, at Orange Hospital on Tuesday 26 Sept., following the hoopla 2 months ago.
When the hospital called me on Friday to inform me of the time to check in etc, they told me two things I was not aware of (but are OK): 1] Along with the stent removal, I am having any remaining kidney stone[s] broken-up using a Laser (cool!), and 2] I'll be staying in hospital overnight.


As it was, my brother and I got there right on time, only to be told our booking-in time was 1pm, not 8.30am! D'oh! No worries... we spent the morning hanging out cruising through a large hardware store and just sat and talked happily for a good hour or so together. Quality time.

My procedure went smoothly with no adverse effects, thankfully. I stayed in overnight just so they could ensure everything was OK (which it was). David happily stayed at a local Motel overnight, enjoying some 'relax' time. Thank you!


I  had a bizarre experience overnight, which was quite amusing and personally fascinating in retrospect. I always sleep in the hospital wearing earplugs and a sleep mask (noise and light... you know!).
The Nurse woke me at 2 a.m. from a sound sleep for the routine "OB's", and I awoke with a start, with my arms and fists raised in a boxer's defensive stance! I obviously startled her and myself, and we laughed after I mega-apologised! I was mortified! I have so much respect for nurses.
Clearly, as I live alone, I am not used to someone standing over me and waking me in the middle of the night.
The funny thing for me was: that's exactly how my late dad would react if awoken the same way (he was completely deaf in one ear)! Bizarre! Fight-or-flight response in overdrive, I guess! I was so embarrassed and apologised many times... and I made sure I was awake when she came back for my 6 a.m. "OB's"! We laughed, thankfully.

With the pure 'luck of the draw', we managed to get me home safe and sound 30 minutes before...


► My Bi-Annual House Rental Inspection took place the day I returned from the hospital (cf. above). Everything is clean, neat and tidy and I'm not stressed at all about this inspection. They should do one every six months... this will be my first in two years! I've been living here nine and a half years now (the longest I have lived in one place ever since I left home!), and they've never had a problem in the past. This time should be no exception.

STOP PRESS: Passed with 100% flying colours. Yay!


I met with Pa at RSL Club 15 August; 
I've had some good local friends drop around for a cuppa and a good catch-up chat. Great for the psyche, I tells ya! [grins].
I've had great catch-ups with my mate Keith on the phone, and even some fun story-swapping neighbourly giggles with the elderly chap who lives behind me. I love living here.

Always great spending time with David and Colleen (brother & wifey), 21 Sept. 2023


I knew it was windy here yesterday (20 Sept), but how on earth did that plastic bag manage to get stuck way up atop this very tall tree near my place?


Thoon and Katia turned 2 on 20 Sept - Happy Birthday, fishies!



► I bought myself a new manual treadmill, and I've randomly decided to name "Oscar", for the pure fun of it all!


► My neighbour two doors' up has mown my grass again, for which I am so thankful!


► Random Thought: when I used to play in the jazz band a few years ago, we did a version of a Charlie Parker song called "Au Privave"... it doesn't actually mean anything, so we used to jokingly call it "The Privvy/The Toilet" for a laff.


The Giving Tree: Pics & Video Updated (New season) 🌲



► I greatly enjoyed watching the Australia Ladies Matildas Soccer (Football) Team play so well during the World Cup.  πŸ’šπŸ’›⚽
It bought back so many great memories of playing the game myself as a child and an older teen... left-half twas me! I couldn't imagine doing that now [laffs].


► Then there's been the Cricket: many late nights happily watching online, with our Aussie teams fairing reasonably, but not having things always go their way. "Good Cricket is Good Cricket".
AUS v SAAUSA v NZA; ODI's AUS v IND  ... now the ODI World Cup is just around the corner as well... I admit it: I'm a Cricket Tragic [grins]. πŸπŸπŸ


► I had a new digital electricity meter installed on 20 September 2023. Only took the technician 40 minutes with no dramas. How exciting, huh? [laffs]


► (Sept. 14) Silly, fun First-World stuff: I finally remembered a 3 a.m. thought - to get myself a free old-fashioned ringtone sound for my phone [laffs]. Scared the heck out of me when I rang myself to check it.... silly moi. πŸ€­πŸ˜€πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜ΈπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ


► My DSP has gone up $30/fortnight - yay!

Sam's 30th Birthday gathering - pics and a video to enjoy.

► Seb's pics at Wentworth Falls.

Odd Socks - have a fun silly harmless laff away from all the negative crap online. πŸ˜„πŸŽ΅πŸ˜

► It's a Manly Thing πŸ‰ πŸ¦…

► Silly Snapchat Filter Selfie Pics  πŸ“·πŸ€³


Music I've Enjoyed and Appreciated Recently πŸŽ΅πŸ‘

Movies I've Watched, Enjoyed and Appreciated Recently 🎦

► Things you didn't know that you really need to know #28,104: "Pigeons can't fart."

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment