Friday 26 April 2024

It's a Manly Thing

Mal's Blog Post

I have followed Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles in the Australian Rugby League since I was a lad. And yes - they are the team everyone else loves to hate [laffs]. I'm not a die-hard, just a supporter. Win-lose-draw.

I grew up within a (literal) bull's roar of Brookvale Oval in the 70's. I could hear the crowd's distant roar while I listened to the game on the radio... those games that I didn't attend! Dad used to drive me and a mate to a local shopping centre near the oval, and I'd walk up to the ground to watch a game. Good fun memories. Then Dad would listen to the game on the radio (Frank Hyde on 2SM!), and come pick me up at the same place after the match had finished.

(Frank Hyde's Call of the 1977 Rugby League Grand Final Replay)

GREAT memories.

#ManlyForever #GoManly #NRLManly #NRLSeaEagles #OnceManlyAlwaysManly #ItsaManlyThing 🦅 

















Bookmark

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment