Wednesday 17 November 2021

Tuesday's Tales on Wednesday


G'day! Just a quick one in passing. How has your week felt for you so far?

My health has been generally OK, thankfully - fingers toes and (edit) crossed. "You adapt".

I really appreciated and enjoyed being able to hang out with my only brother (he's 10-years older than me) last Saturday... the first time we were able to, after eight weeks of Covid Lockdown.

Catch 22 for my middle son (who turned 25 last Friday)... he spent his Birthday weekend working at our Mt Panorama Motor Racing Circuit for the 'Challenge Bathurst' event, in bitterly-cold wet and windy conditions... while he assured me he was well rugged-up against it all, apparently today he's come down with a cold! D'oh!

My two goldfish, 'Thoon' and 'Katia', are keeping very well - we've two months together already; that's gone by so quickly. Love 'em.

Grammarly is an awesome spellchecker. This new laptop is so good - I am so thankful! I had gotten so used to the old one being so slow and clunky! It's been recommended that rather than attempting to get that old one fixed, it would be a waste of time (obsolescence etc - cf. below)... to purchase a new much-better one would simply be more efficient. I am getting so much done on this new machine now - for which I am so grateful.
The laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 320.

I woke up after a late afternoon MS "Nanna Nap" on Tuesday; "What time is it? 8 am or pm?", I asked myself upon waking, with sunlight still showing thru my windows... 'twas 8pm in the evening... I was momentarily confused! Oh thanks, Daylight Savings Time. D'oh! I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to, either... Oh, you've got to laugh at yourself.

During the T20 World Cup Cricket Final on a very early Monday morning (which the Aussie won, happily!), my toilet decided that was a great time to get blocked and start backing up! The plumber was here Tuesday morning, and fixed it simply and quickly, thank goodness... I only have a small 'normal' plunger (which obviously didn't do the trick for me this time) - I need to get myself one of these 'Mega plungers' (laffs at himself)... like the one on the left, not the one below... [laffs]. Having a blocked loo and Colitis is not a good combination to have going...


The Cricket started at 1am here for me - ie. "ridiculous-AM". It was hilarious watching this game streamed for free from India (it wasn't on free-to-air here, dammit!), using my Tablet (which is fine to just watch something on... interacting with it at the same time is a nightmare!); the games' commentary was in English, but during the overs breaks, the ads were in Hindi!

That was a very surreal experience... something I very rarely do... live-tweeting and interacting across the world during the game! Fun tho. Glad my MS 'dizzy fingers' held out long enough for me to be able to do it on my Android Phone.

My new phone is going all well. I think I've finally got it set up how I like/want it... I'm still having issues with the whole Andriod touch-screen thing tho, but it's so much better than the ancient dinosaur I used to have, thankfully.

I accidentally took a screenshot of it, at ridiculous am this morning... how, I don't actually know! (laffs out loud).

I was randomly thinking about 'Planned Obsolescence' last week; sitting in a taxi into town on Friday, and driving over some new roadworks, the driver talked about why road surfacing does not last very long anymore - simply so the contractors have a future ongoing job! Then there's the whole old laptop story as well... the irony is not lost on me at all.

I've been wanting a sew a simple cover for my Bluetooth Keyboard (to keep the dust etc off it when I’m not using it)... just to sew up an old tea-towel will do the trick... but I haven’t really tried using my sewing machine with my MS hands for about 2+ years... hmmm. Hand sewing is out of the question. BUT as it’s just a quick simple little thing, maybe a bodgy wonky hand-sewn old tea towel might do the trick, while I’m watching some cricket on the TV? (laffs)




Random story... about 3-4 months ago, I finally finished a block of chocolate that had been sitting in the back of my fridge for about two years... the thing is, that this particular block was laced with THC (used only for pain relief if/when I needed it, I swear! lol)

The last time I used it for effective pain relief, is when I suffered extreme pain from a blood clot in my leg (about 2-3 years ago), which saw me stranded on my sofa, unable to walk.

This time, however, I thought I would just finish it off and be finally rid of it. I haven't done anything like that in absolutely years! So I ate one piece (with food) - and nothing really happened - I wasn't in pain, I just wanted a small buzz, and be finally done with it. A few hours later, I ate the remaining pieces (about 5-or-so small pieces), thinking nothing would probably happen, and then I had no future excuse to have it laying the back in my fridge, forgotten.

Well... the result, hilariously: I was 'under the influence' of the THC for THREE-AND-A-HALF DAYS straight (laffs out loud)! I kept thinking I'd sleep it off, but after 3-1/2 days of being stoned, I was so totally over it, I admit.

I was so stoned, that I managed to listen and enjoy to an album I had waited 30 years for, until this exact moment transpired (was unplanned)... the wholly bizarre "Trout Mask Replica" by Captain Beefheart (from 1969)... the perfect weird music to enjoy under those exact conditions, I can assure you!

I didn't plan for it to happen so powerfully or for so long, honest! I guess because I hadn't had any recreationally for absolutely years, my tolerance was absolutely zero... thank gawd I had no visitors nor had to go out into town anywhere!

I can laugh about it now, but at the time, especially after just two days, I thought I'd done something crazy to my brain or...?! Sure, it was fun for a while, then I just got tired of the effect after a while... 3-1/2 days! Like, "Can I be straight again now, please?"

I assure you, it's not something I plan to do again! But it was all a fun way to relax, in the privacy of my own home. No harm done.




On another track...

I don't usually read any webcomics at all (I'm not into anime or any of that guff, either). But this particular comic, "Erma", is delightful... even tho the subject is kinda bizarre for my tastes, the personalities of the characters the artist has created are simply great.

Please keep in touch. I can feel pretty isolated at times - thanks MS!




Peas be with ewe 
Mal

2 comments:

  1. I was prescribed canaboids when in UK and like you when I first took them or had a break, I was stoned for about 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that length of time, it's not as much fun as it's cracked-up to be, huh? [laffs]

      Delete