Monday 15 November 2021

How MS Started for Me 5/5


How MS Started for Me  5/5
(Originally posted: 25 January 2017)

When I was in hospital for five days (back in early December 2017), I was on high-level steroids (to reduce the auto-immune symptoms), including a "lumbar puncture" (no bloody fun, I assure you!).

My symptoms at that time were: My whole right arm, from elbow to hand, was quite numb and useless. It affected me all the up to my elbow (on my right arm), my left hand/fingertips, across my torso-front (chest), the inside of both knees, and the tips of my toes. It even affected the way I walked - the inner-knee numbness made me roll like an old sailor a bit, when I walked - that made me laff!

Thank goodness that now (c. 6 weeks later) I'm only experiencing pins and needles in both my hands. Everything else cleared away, after the steroid treatment.


So now, even typing can be a challenge! Typos are common - like right now, using my laptop (I don't have a smartphone or handheld device) - thank goodness for spellcheckers (which find most of my "dizzy-fingers" typos!)

I am adapting to it reasonably well.

It's all very frustrating, but I'm not depressed or unsettled by it all, to be honest. That surprises me, but I'm fully aware that there are people with this condition who have it a LOT worse off than I ever will!




Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment