Monday 15 November 2021

A NEW LAPTOP!


After my laptop problems on Sunday, a very true good friend has lent me his spare laptop, and it's a good as a brand-new one!

I honestly don't know how to thank him enough! I am blown away by his generosity and grace. I am totally lost for words... (and I can't blame MS for that! hahaha).



He and his friend were travelling to spend a few days about 80 km/50 miles away from here (those Sydney cityites needed a few days to break away from the 'Big Smoke' in 'The Bush') and came out of their way to drop it in for me, here at home.

And yes, I am typing this on it as I speak... even using a manual keyboard again, the typos are hilarious... but you wouldn't know if it was really me otherwise, huh? Using the touch screen - even enlarging the screen size etc etc, is a nightmare for me, with my stoopid numb fingers. So, I'm back to using a laptop with a physical keyboard and a mouse again!
I know I sound like a whinger about all this (it IS a 'First-World problem, I know...), but I can feel socially isolated as it is with having a few chronic diseases... I'm housebound a lot... so, being able to easily communicate online is what keeps me connected... and (relatively) sane (debatable... lol).


On another happy note... the Aussies comfortably won their T20 World Cup Cricket Final last night! I managed to get a free streaming site up-and-running on my Tablet, so I could watch it, as it wasn't on free-to-air TV here, sadly... the stream was from India, so while the cricket commentary was all in English, the ads during the overs' break were all in Hindi! Getting up for a 1am starting time (our time) was totally worth it... amazing batting from Kane Williamson (NZ), David Warner and Mitch Marsh (Aussies)! I was happy managed some decent sleep both before and after the game... it's just gone midday here now, but I think a 'nanna nap may be on the cards a bit later this afternoon... [laffs].



Peas be with ewe 
Mal

2 comments: