Sunday 14 November 2021

POSITIVE SURPRISING NEWS

After last night's hassles, a good sleep finally came, and I'm thankfully feeling a bit brighter now, altho nothing in the situation has changed.

Bring on the cricket tonight! Sure, it starts at 1am here, but I'll have a nap this arvo... she'll be right! Just working out a way to watch it streamed, as it's not on free-to-air TV, dagnammit! I've done that before... this little tablet I'm using right now is good to just run things, but it's painfully slow to actually interact with... let alone with my 'dizzy fingers' to start with, with touching the screen and being accurate enough and all that... this Bluetooth keyboard is a godsend tho! Thanks to Sarah for ensuring I got one... it really comes in handy; not just for this, but by being able to use it to send SMS texts as well.

I've been using a PC-style computer forever, so I am being an old fart, and still trying to get used to using the whole Android thing... the touch screen thing is a nightmare for me tho, I'll be honest. That's why I like a physical keyboard and mouse.

I had such a good day yesterday with my only brother, who came up for the day (he lives c.50kms away); we haven't been able to see each other for about 3+ months, with all the Covid Lockdowns etc. We've been calling each other and emailing etc tho, thank gawd! It's just so good to sit and hang out together, with no agendas, you know? A positive soul-refreshing thing for me. I love my 'Big Bruddah'!

My middle son (who turned 25 on Friday!!! [insert proud Papa here... lol]), is working with the Car Races on our towns' Mt Panorama Circuit this weekend; the poor bloke has had to endure rain and freezing winds all weekend, but he's all rugged-up and keeping warm, thank goodness. MotorSport is his passion... must be because he was born'n'bred in Bathurst [laffs]; it's not my 'thing', tho. Thankfully, even though the track is c.1km West of me here, I live on the other side of a hill, so I can hardly hear the sound of the angry hornets buzzing about over there [laffs].

I guess it's just an aspect of my Bi-Polar Depression, why I cracked so hard at my laptop dying last night... who knows? Then today I'm feeling a whole lot less angsty/agitated about it; while nothing has changed, it's kinda that bizarre stoic side of me that thinks, "There's nothing I can do about this right now; it wasn't my fault, either. Therefore I'm not going to worry not stress about it".

STOP PRESS

Literally in the middle of typing this, I received a phone call from a good loyal friend in Sydney, who will drop up a spare laptop he has, for me tomorrow! I am overwhelmed!




No comments:

Post a Comment