Friday 17 March 2023

16 March 2023


Thursday 16 March 2023

I walked downtown and back using 'Brian' - I thought it was going to be a hot day, and it was, but it was a dry heat so all was OK, thankfully. It's about 7 blocks of a basically-level walk one-way (1.8 km / 1.1 mile) into the centre of the CBD from home. I take my time and enjoy the views. Gotta love being in an Aussie Country Town - you can stop and say "G'Day" to anyone you meet along the way, even stopping for a quick random chat - that's a very 'Aussie country' thing we do, and I love it. I grew up in the 'Big Smoke' of the city of Sydney, and you just do NOT do anything like that down there!!! I've been out here for 25+ years... but I'm not sure if that would count me as a 'local' yet [laffs].


I love this... I pass this letterbox on most of my walks, and told the owners (when I saw them there once) how cool their homemade letterbox is. The 8-yo boy in me always gently pushes the little swing at the front-left every time I pass [grins].

I had the "Wallace & Gromit" theme music ear worming in my head while I was walking along - argh... but made me laff; twas fun random silliness.... noice.

On the way, I quickly popped into my preferred local Mobility Aides and Accessories store, and their techies happily, quickly (while I was talking to them, actually) - and for free - replaced the loose screws on my walker's seat! A few months ago, they did the same when they adjusted my brakes. They are the bestest guys! A shout-out to them!

I bought myself some cheap bits N pieces downtown as well, including new warm comfy track pants for our coming winter (pls don't tell anyone that a guy bought new clothes, OK...?! [laffs] )

I bought myself one of those daily pill sorter thingies too (my own 'Webster Pack' as such)... why hadn't I done this before now? D'oh!

(NB. It's not easy trying to take a still pic while my MS hands are shaking [laffs]... an adapter for my little tripod which will fit my mobile (camera) should arrive soon, to stop these shaky pics.)

My now-increasing daily walks are surely helping keep the 'Black Dog' at bay - yay.

I ended up at the RSL Club again - it's cool, quiet and comfy in there (I tend to go into the secondary "Digger's Bar" room when it's almost empty and no noisy Pokies). I bought myself an icy Lemon Squash (no alcohol as I don't drink now - personal choice) and sat down happily to watch a replay of an old cricket game on their huge TV. I speech-to-texted the basis of this post while I was there as well. "I am so smart... smrt..."


Obligatory selfie... what a hairy old coot [laffs]

Machattie Park is a big open garden-ish park in central Bathurst. I adore walking through it at any time of the year. So peaceful and quiet. I adore strolling through here on my way to/from the RSL Club... lots of nice places to chillax as well.





Complete with a Duck Pond as well!

Oh, and I mentioned that my Blood Pressure Monitor arrived as well, didn't I?




Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment