My Current Prescribed Medications
► NB. I am on NO medication for my MS.
- Effexor / Venlafaxine: 150mg once daily (an anti-depressant... I nickname this one my "Happy Pill").
- Mercaptopureine / Puri-Nethol: 100mg twice daily (for my Ulcerative Colitis... I nickname this one "Metaporcupine").
- Salazopyrin (Pyralin): 500mg 2 x thrice daily (for my Ulcerative Colitis).
I call these five meds: "For my 'blood', 'brain', 'bum' and 'bastard' "!
- Vitamin D supplement: 1,000 IU/day (a supplement, for my MS).
- Once a week, I take a Maltofer tablet, for my iron /anemia... sure, it turns everything black [cough...], but, for me, it really seems to be helping.
- I have a (Ferinject) Iron infusion about every c.6/9 months (for my Anaemia).
- Prednisone: Occasionally, 25/mg daily, tapering off 5mg/weekly to nil (this helps reduce a flare of my Ulcerative Colitis).
- Cortiment / Budesonide (Corticosteriods): Occasionally, 9mg once daily (this helps reduce a flare of my Ulcerative Colitis)
- I was considering going onto monthly Tysabri infusions for my MS (back in 2017), but decided against it - for various reasons. My Neuro was considering putting me on Gilenya in 2022, but after my MRI in mid-2022, he saw no need for any MS medications - yay!
- I'll need ongoing MRI brain and neck scans, to check the progress of my MS (if any!) as well.
- One walking stick and/or walker (external application only...)
I was on Mesalamine / Pentasa: 500mg two tabs twice daily (for my Ulcerative Colitis), but not now - it was having negative side effects with me!
To be honest, I hate being on all these daily meds, but catch-22: I'd be stuffed without them.
Thank goodness for the PBS - there's no way I could afford these medicines otherwise!
► It's all a bit of a "Balancing Act" for me, really.
Bookmark this page: Medications
Peas be with ewe