Wednesday 24 November 2021

Bluetooth Mouse



I don't know why I hadn't done this years ago! A Bluetooth mouse I ordered arrived today (thanks eBay + inexpensive as well).


Together with my Bluetooth keyboard, this new mouse works wonders in combination with my Android Tablet and phone! Because of my stoopid numb MS fingers/hands, I find using the whole touchscreen thing on any Android device a nightmare, basically. An actual keyboard and mouse is the best solution for me to physically type with more accuracy. Catch-22 tho... the Tablet (that someone bought for me about 5 years ago - for which I am extremely grateful), has basically been almost useless for me... while the keyboard and mouse make it much more accessible for me now, the actual machine is still ridiculously slow - catch-22. Thank gawd that this laptop and the Android phone work great... First-World Problem issues, huh? [laffs at self]


Oh - that's something using the Tablet... I can't seem to get my ext-HD connecting to it, so I cannot use any of my normal zillions of images [laffs]. I'll work it out eventually.

I've been watching the Cricket on free-to-air TV tonight (Yay!) and enjoying actually being able to Tweet live-time while I was watching it, using the Tablet... yes, I know, everybody has been doing that kinda stuff for years... it's still a new luxury for little ol' me.


I mainly use the laptop for all my stuff, tho... having the Tablet (and phone for SMS, basically) is an extra extravagance for me, for which I am extremely grateful.

Having easy internet access makes me feel less isolated, let's be honest.




Twice now, over the past few days, I've heard a magpie singing from my roof... but this one is a classic mimic! His song includes all sorts of species of different bird calls - even a whole Kookaburra laugh! Every time I've tried to record its unique song myself, just opening the door causes it to fly off, dagnammit!

This isn't it, but it's what they sound like.




(Last Friday...)

Woah! I just had a totally-random dizzy moment earlier... it passed quickly tho, thankfully. Thanks so much, #MS! Woah... just had another one (about 15 minutes later), just sitting here... bizarre! Only lasted about 3 seconds, then passed again... weird! I've taken an Iron tablet, just in case it's something to do with my anemia (but I don't think so!)

Well - that was wholly random. I think that's what caught me by surprise. I've got my walking stick beside me now, just in case. I feel fine otherwise.. go figure! #StupidMS

Postscript: It all passed without anything else untoward happening, thankfully.



I received my 
Local Council Election postal vote forms in the mail today... I've got a few weeks before they're due. That'll give me the time to actually sit down and research who I'm going to vote for and why etc, before I post them away (rather than the hassle of lining up on the day etc etc)... we enjoy the right to free elections here in Oz, so I think it's best to make proper use of that democratic right. Oh... I'm not a political animal at all, honest!



AND: Don't forget to have a bit of a laugh today.




Peas be with ewe 
Mal

2 comments:

  1. My essential tremor is so bad at times, I struggle to control the mouse. We've had non wire mouse and keyboard for the desktop for years. I suppose it is Bluetooth. The early ones could be problematic. This current one works fine.

    I find it best to use a stylus for the tablet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrew. I feel like a twit, not having thought of it before now... oh well [laffs].
    The stylus for the Tablet sounds interesting, but catch-22 for me... using an pen/pencil for more thn a few minues, and my hand begins to cramp-up! The mouse seems to be functional for me now. Good feedback tho - thanks!

    ReplyDelete