Saturday 11 November 2023

Just Some Passing Thoughts

Mal's Blog Post

➽ Life plods along happily here for me... for which I'm bloody thankful! [grins].


➽ Remembrance Day
11 o'clock on the 11th day of the 11th month



➽ My son Seb turns 27 this Sunday... where has that time gone?! He received a much-loved Titanic Lego set... it's HUGE!

I thought I saved a pic of him building it on Snapchat, but I lost it... bah!

He's a trackside Flag Marshall at the races here at The Mount this weekend... he's in his ultimate element!


➽ My eldest son (30-yo) and his wifey live on a country property c. 3 hours west of here. Some decent storms nearly brought a tree down near a shed. So, up they went with a cherry-picker with a chainsaw and stump grinding... brilliant!





➽ Thanks for dropping-in for a great catch-up visit, Mike One! It's been great spending some quality time with my brother as well.


➽ I have been so blessed recently! David and Colleen (brother and wifey) bought me a new small outdoor seating setting for my carport, replacing the old broken plastic chairs and wonky TV Tray! I am so thankful!



Summer is coming... I've prepared for how it affects my MS so negatively some days. "Be Prepared!" [laffs].


➽ My old tablet finally stopped wanting to charge... it dieded!!! Not bad for being c.10 years old. So I have been able to replace it, thankfully.

New Tablet: QPS "YQ10S" 10.1-inch Tablet (with Android 13.0).
I managed to find a brand new one very inexpensively via eBay, which was quickly delivered to my door. This one works like a charm, thankfully. Along with all the various Apps, writing pens etc etc, this is a complete decedent luxury for me (along with the Drawing tablet (cf. below).


When connected to my laptop/phone, this is drawing made easy! I bought one very cheaply through eBay, and it works like a dream. Now comes the bit where I have to figure out how to use it! Plus it'll only be good for me to sketch/draw etc when my MS Hands/Dizzy Fingers want to cooperate. But it's there ready to go and so easy to use. Weeee! NB. This is an absolute decadent luxury for me.



➽ OK... I've found success out of failure: I tried to make a simple pine bed head for my bed: failed.
BUT: I repurposed the wood to help strengthen my bed mattress base and sagging lounge/sofa!
MUCH SUCCESS!
A GOOD night's sleep as a result [grins]. 
I have a great mattress, but an 'average' bed base... the wood helped support the bed base 100% for the better!!! Yay!
"Me happy".


➽ I've had some Sewing Success, too... even a bit of simple hand sewing whilst watching the cricket; I threaded the needle first go, and only stabbed my finger once [laffs]! Take THAT #MS!


➽ My neighbour mowed my grass again for me - I am so grateful! → https://bit.ly/Mowing- ← πŸ“·πŸ‘


➽ November 4th was my 'bittersweet' 7th MS Anniversary of my symptoms starting: → https://bit.ly/MS-Anniv ← πŸ§‘πŸŽ—️


➽ The Beatles released "Now And Then" — their final ever song.
Must have been hard (emotionally) for them; plus it'd be awkward not being able to re-write/re-arrange anything, either.


Documentary Length: 12:25

The song (Source)

Even the bloody Rolling Stones have a new album out... still going after sixty years!


➽ Even tho we Aussies do not *do* the whole Halloween thing here, some younger families around here do have fun with it. So I did leave a bowl of assorted treats out for the happy younglings trotting out with their Parents etc that afternoon.

I had to laff: left out the bowl of treats and added 4 apples; overheard some children say to their older siblings, "Ooh! Can we have the apple?!"


Random thought... I ended up not finding that ring I lost in the grass using this little torch-sized metal detector. "Such is Life."



➽ I've been enjoying a LOT of good cricket! πŸAussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ¦˜πŸ¨πŸ’šπŸ’›


➽ You will NOT believe what happened to me, but... Asparagus  πŸ€­πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ


➽  Odd Socks  πŸ€­πŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ


Mah goldfishies remain happy with their new tank vacuum.


➽ Here's some Music I've Enjoyed and Appreciated Recently. πŸŽ΅πŸ‘
What have you been listening to lately?


➽ I still use Twitter a lot. *IF* Twitter/"X" falls over, you can still reach me through these assorted sites etc. Thankies.

➽ Twitter is my "Pub": My views on Twitter's Changes / "X":

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment