Sunday 9 July 2023

Home Again after My Latest Adventure


Sunday afternoon, 9 July 2023

Yay! I am finally home again, after my latest adventure (click).


I thankfully spent 2 nights staying at my brother and S-I-L's place in Lithgow (a c.45-minute drive East of my home). David and Colleen continue to be so very supportive, generous and gracious, for which I'm so thankful. ❤️ They drove me home as well - but I made sure I at least paid for all the fuel they'd used these last few days. I simply do not know how to thank them enough.

(Quick update): While I was staying there, at one stage David strolled past wearing his new eyeglasses. I did a double-take when I saw him, because just for a split second - he looked just like our late dad! We both giggled. We happily reminisce a lot when we get together, as most of the family we grew up with are simply no longer with us.

Also: when he dropped me back home, I only managed to open the front door before I suddenly, unexpectedly wet myself big time! So, while I ran in for a quick shower, he kept himself busy for those five minutes by de-webbing my outside back wall... what an awesome guy.

David & Colleen (2016)

I am still pretty tender, weak and weary, but slowly recovering, thankfully. Feeling happy and positive. Obviously, I'll be taking things pretty easy for the next little bit. I'll spare you the yucky TMI physical details of it all... 😁

Everything else is behaving itself... thank heavens for that!!!

I just had to laugh: on the drive home, I felt absolutely fine; literally 30 seconds after David and Colleen had dropped me home, I had the urgent urge to pee right then. (She's right, mate!) Obviously, my ol' brain just said to itself, "It's OK: you're at home now!" 😄 (It's OK! This sudden random 'urge' will pass [no pun intended] with the whole healing process in time).

Edward 🧸 and my goldfishies were fine and happy to see me [laffs]. Then I took a quick shower and threw the first load of washing into the machine. Now I'm having a small bite of lunch - and keeping my fluids up 😄. It's good to be home.

Tomorrow (Monday), I will make an appointment to see the Independent NDIS Support Coordinator here in Bathurst. They shall be able to arrange and organize "personalised (Disability) support... tailored to meet (my) individual needs". I have been in denial about it all for too long, I'll be honest. Thank you, Colleen, for pushing me to 'pull my finger out and do it"!

While I was staying with them, David (my brother) passed on two great items to me. One was a draft of a book our long-passed father wrote in the c. 1940s about his first sailing dinghy and 'How to Sail' etc! This has huge sentimental value, as I caught Dad's passion for sailing. It will become one of my 'projects', now: to write it out and publish it online.
This is Dad sailing that same very boat "Wyreema" he describes c. 1940s in Middle Harbour, Sydney.


The second was an old unused Akai 7-Inch Portable DVD player: I can sit in bed and watch my DVD's now! Tis such a decadent luxury for me 😁  THANK YOU!  💗



Now, I simply MUST tell you the story of my new mobile phone that I bought earlier in the week (before the whole 'adventure'). It's a Samsung Galaxy A13. This was an early 59th birthday present to myself. It only cost me $328 ($218 USD, 170 GBP, 200 euros), tho it has ALL the facilities of a much more expensive model - perfect for what I need it for: to simply be able to use different Apps to keep in contact with my sons. 😁 My old phone did not have enough memory to be able to use many Apps at all. This one has one zillion times more memory, so: it can use plenty of Apps I need and is really fast, clear and easy for me to use. I only use a cheap prepaid 'plan', rather than a 'fixed contract' [etc] with it... much cheaper and just what I want/need. I have already set the phone up just the way I want/like/need it, too... I feel so spoilt. 😁

I laughed: When I tried to put the tiny SIM phone card from my old phone into the new one, my naughty MS Hands simply refused to cooperate! D'oh! 🤦‍♂️ So: back to the shop I will go so they can do it for me... such is life (No dramas). Everything else works perfectly with it (apart from that at the moment), as I only use the wifi internet from home, or free wifi if I'm out etc. David & Colleen let me use their WiFi while I was there - thank you!

Another laff: I ordered an appropriate protective cover for the new phone via eBay, and it'll arrive here next week. To take the phone to the hospital etc, I used an old thick woollen sock as a 'case' for it. So, when I was sitting in the Waiting Room of Bathurst Hospital's Emergency Department, I got some funny looks (and following fun laughs as I explained...) from people noticing me pulling a phone out of a sock. 😁 (Trust me! lol)

Addendum: I was all ready to watch day three of the Ashes Test Cricket using this (which is still a huge novelty for me at the moment [laffs]) last night - but the game was mostly washed out. I slept the whole night anyway (thank gawd).


Of minor note: I have also started using the "Threads" App [on my new phone]... I still dunno how to use it effectively yet, but we'll get there [laffs]. I will still be mainly using Twitter and (a recently reintroduced myself to) Facebook.






Peas be with ewe 
Mal


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are home. Well done Colleen for giving you the much needed push to get some help.

    ReplyDelete