Monday 7 August 2023

Edward - My Teddy Bear




Edward is my teddy bear... he's as old as I am, and lives atop my bed. Mum had put him away and kept him safe, until she wholly surprised me with him again, a few years after I was married! I am told he was nearly lost when I was very small, but he survives intact - and is well-loved. He's a great listener, and never judges - gotta love that.

He's been around a fair lot and seen whole lotta things... the stories, drama, tears, laughs... oh, the bizarre things he could relate to! If only our teddies could speak. Or maybe it's better that they don't? (Or DO they...?) That'd make an interesting plot synopsis, surely? "The Teddy Revelation"? "You Wouldn't Believe It If I Could Tell You"? "The Bear Truth"? 😁

And yes... I am a 59-yo guy going on 8-yo... [laffs].

➤  What does the "B." stand for? Well... bestest, brave, bold, bright, brilliant, bodacious, bravado, beautiful...

➤  He's a voracious reader too...

➤  On holidays in Cairns (QLD, Australia)




This is "Rufus" (The Red!)
He was my 'other' teddy for a long time. My eldest son (aged 30) has him now, a little dusty but still good. Rufus used to be my elder brothers', but I kept him and passed him on.

(August 2023)










Also: Edward

Peas be with ewe 
Mal


No comments:

Post a Comment