Tuesday 14 March 2023

A Grand Day Out


A Grand Day Out
 🎞️

I haven't 'blogged' in ages, so...


Monday 13th March 2023

MS can feel like such a socially-isolating beast, so it's always good for me to get out and about, rather than stay stuck at home.

Caught my Taxi to my GP's Clinic for a Health Plan Review and Update. Our local taxi service is awesome, tho it's funny trying to continue a conversation with the occasional Sub-Continental driver who doesn't speak English so well (grins).

My local medical practice is in a gorgeous old restored house with a long History.

Obligatory selfie; yes, there is a face underneath that mask and beard... somewhere...

The health check went fine. My GP said my Blood Pressure was up slightly - he's not worried but just wants to keep an eye on it.

I've ordered myself a small digital Blood Pressure Monitor (BPM), as my GP suggested. Nice and cheap thru eBay, thankfully.


A visit to my doctor costs me absolutely nothing, thanks to being on the Disability Pension and Medicare - for which I am so thankful.


I bought myself one of these little USB-powered Air Cooler thingies (on special as well), which now sits next to my bed and runs during those oppressively-hot nights, trying to cool things down.



Brian and I then went for a walk thru town to the RSL Club, where I needed to replace my lost Membership Card (I thought I'd just misplaced it... no no, I'd lost it!) All done and replaced like new in just two minutes... so, why had I been putting that off for three months? [eye roll... stupid men! lol]

Twas a beautiful day strolling thru town; slightly overcast but not too hot with the cloud cover, but suddenly felt hot when the sun shone thru the cloud breaks (crazy Aussie Autumnal weather...)

Got myself a cool lemon squash at the RSL Club (I actually don't drink alcohol, purely for personal reasons), and chillaxed in the morning-empty Lounge, watching the highlights from the final session of the cricket from yesterday (which I'd missed) on a BIG screen [grins happily]. The Test ended in a draw... pooh!


Later on in the day, this place gets a lot more crowded. I prefer going there (in the air-conditioning on a hot day etc) to just relax a bit in the quiet. Tis a great place for a great cheap meal as well.

Then I walked to the local Pathology Collection place to get a quick Blood Test all OK... in and out in like five minutes, and thanks to Medicare: cost me nothing at all.

(What an exciting life I lead, huh? [laffs] )

I walked home the c.nine blocks home. Thankfully, it's mainly a near-level route, with lots of parks etc to sit in and take a breather along the way... Brian is great for that. I love to just watch and observe... now that I don't walk so fast (and time is not an issue), I can take my time and just breathe it all in. Niiiice.


I'll be knackered tomorrow. But there's nothing wrong with a bit of easy exercise... plus it's good to keep 'The Black Dog' away as well.

Of course, I'm taking (now daily) photos of the massive tree across the road from home, to watch its Autumnal colour changes.





Peas be with ewe 
Mal

4 comments:

  1. No comment. Just enjoyable to see how your peaceful life pans out. Keith 😁⛵️🎶

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal, quite a nice doctors office! Nice pic of you in a mask. Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Gotta get in ahead of some late-Summer HEAT coming in a few days!!!

      Delete