Tuesday 15 August 2023

Spoonersims



Spoonerisms

One of my MS Speech Problems is that I often get words mixed-up... even when thinking to myself! [laffs]

One thing I seem to have always done is "Spoonerise" words in a sentence... getting sounds back-to-front occasionally... it was very funny when it would happen randomly when I used to present radio - I'd make a gag out of it and move on. MS just seems to amplify it somehow... again, it's very random.

➽ For years I've called Milk "Moo Juice" or "Juice of the Moo" (for the pure silliness of it, of course)... a few weeks ago I subconsciously said "Moose of the Jew" - and I almost fell out laughing!

➽ Another one I caught myself saying today, whilst feeding my goldfish: Normally I joke to myself and say, "it's dinner time for the fishies"... this time it came out as "it's Finner time for the Dishies"...

Bust Duster instead of Dust Buster.

➽ Instead of 'Katia and Thoon' (my goldfish), it came out as "Thaitia and Koon".

➽  An oldie: Instead of 'Hot Water Bottle", it came out as "Bot Water Hottle".


Silly moi! πŸ˜ΈπŸ€­πŸ˜ΊπŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ






Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment