Thursday 26 September 2019

Being back online is wonderful


It's been so positive being back online again here at home. After three months away, I was really missing connecting with my supportive online family - who are very real to me! Facebook is kinda a social thing for me, but Twitter has been a boon for me, connecting with like-minded MSers - people who "get it". They appreciate that not everyday do my hands/fingers work well enough to be able to type properly, so I post a lot of reaction-type image, trying to say in illustrations what I am unable to put into words. I wholly appreciate that a lot of people on other social platforms don't necessarily "get" my wholly-randomly-variable condition - and that's OK! I hope I come come across as too preachy with it, but I do find connecting with like-minded people an absolute boon for me socially, psychologically, and community-wise. Makes me feel like I 'belong' somewhere.

Even typing this out has been 'interesting (thank goodness for spellcheckers! hahaha) - and this is a 'good' day! Go figure. Oh, I've got to laugh - it's what keeps me going.

I'm loving being able to use a walker and a stick, when I have to. I have a good friend who needs to use them as well, and they feel kind-of 'ashamed' to be seen in public using them. It doesn't worry me at all. In fact, it's kinda a positive experience for me - if I'm able to walk freely out and about downtown without having to worry about randomly falling on my backside, then that's a huge plus. Sure beats being stuck inside at home 24/7, for sure. But each to their own.

Not a lot is happening otherwise... life just chugs along happily enough. I'm very thankful for our glorious Spring sunshine, but the expectation of the oncoming summer heat is not a positive for me... my MS goes kinda nutty when it's really hot. Thankfully I'm prepared this year - fingers crossed [so to speak hahahaa].

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment