Monday 30 September 2019

Unconscious Mutterings


Week 848
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Cold :: Cold Cold Change - a Midnight Oil song - a great band to see live, and I have the pleasure of doing just that in the early 80's at their home stomping ground at Narrabeen (Sydney)... despite his politics, Peter Garrett was a fantastic front man, with that bald head glistening, and his manic moves!
  2. Center :: The Red Center... I had the privilege of being able to climb Ularu in c.1980 - and it was freaking awesome!
  3. Squared :: The thought of a T-Square popped into my head - I have no idea why! I haven't seen/handled one in years, and the only other person who I know who has/had one was my brother! I know I made one in woodwork class at High School. but never used it, and have no idea what happened to it.
  4. History :: I really enjoying reading about bits of history,,, I usually read thru a bit of a 'pop-history' book before I go to sleep.
  5. Stiff :: Stiff Little Fingers... again, wholly random thought (then, that IS what this is all about, huh? lol) They were an Irish punk-rock band from the '70's, of whom I have no recollection of them at all!
  6. Computer :: I thought of my very first computer, a Mac Plus, that I bought second-hand off the guy who would later become my Best Man. That machine cost me $900, which came from payment of one gig on New Years' Eve c.1989 from playing in a '60's Cover band - amazing! That's the most I ever got paid for doing a gig ever, after literally hundreds of gigs over the years. It's true... for the 99% of us, you do not get rich performing live music! I ended-up 'passing forward' the Mac to a young family who were just starting out Bible College. Good little machine, tho it's the only time I have ever owned/used a Mac... for no particular reason, I'm just so used to Windows machines these days.
  7. Fold :: Folding the clothes to put them away after they dry... who actually still does that?! (Kidding).
  8. Trip :: Good positive memories of when mum and dad would take the three of us on long driving holidays... we ended-up in Melbourne once, another time out to the west of NSW - amazing experiences, witnessing parts of our great countryside that I'd never seen before. The first time I crossed the State Border going into Victoria was a buzz for me as a kid... but a total anti-climax, as there was just a sign on the side of the road saying "Welcome to Victoria" - that was it! I don't know what I expected, but maybe something a bit more grand than that? (laffs).
  9. Away :: Home and Away games of football... from the ages of c.11-16, I occasionally went to our local football ground to watch the local Rugby League team (Manly) play, tho I have a memory of my Nan driving me all the way across the other side of Sydney (where I used to live at the time), to watch a home game at Canterbury Oval, of Manly Vs Canterbury (who were the enemy! lol) - that was very brave of her, in retrospect, driving all that way in unfamiliar territory, just using a Street Directory to figure out how to get there. When was the last time you actually physically used a Street Directory?
  10. Stuffy :: I hate it when my sinuses play up occasionally... thank gawd they're OK now tho. I discovered about 15 years ago, that when I drank most beers, my sinuses just shut up shop! The only beer I found that didn't effect me that was was one called "Pure Blonde"... tho I don't drink at all these days - for no other reason that I don't really enjoy it, that's all.

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment