Sunday 7 November 2021

A Quick One


BEST GOOD NEWS!! "Cleo Smith found alive and well by WA Police" - missing 4-yo found safe and well after being abducted 18 days ago! Australia jumped for joy happily hearing this... the ground moved...

We really needed some positive good news here in OZ, as our Prime Minister made us look like total asshats at the COP26 Glasgow Climate Conference... he says a lot but does nothing concrete... bastard! (Gets down off his soapbox... lol).

I got my groceries home delivered as usual today, and they were all packed in paper bags; "Cool!" I thought... until I see the bags were made in China! D'oh!
Gotta love a Saturday arvo, sitting in the sun and listening to ABC Cricket... only an Australian commentator would call a great save "Dead-set Superman"! (Only in Australia). Then later that night, the Aussies won their T20 World Cup match against the West Indies, which should put us through to the Semi-Finals.

As the game finished just after midnight (our time here), I heard at least three cars in the immediate vicinity leave... the games are not broadcast on free-to-air TV (I don't have pay-TV/cable etc... I don't watch enough TV as it is to justify the cost), so I've been enjoying on the national ABC radio... looks like I might have to brown-nose those neighbours with Pay-TV so I can watch the finals [laffs].
Then, of course, I'd forgotten to check my IM messages, hadn't I? D'oh! Looks like I need to add that to my 'To-Do List'... can I blame MS for that? [laffs]

Oh... and then there was the perfect loaf of bread I baked the other week... normally I burn water in the kitchen, so I'm chuffed (happy)!
I'm currently enjoying listening to the final six albums by Split Enz: Frenzy (1979), True Colours (1980), Corroboree (1981), Time and Tide (1982), Conflicting Emotions (1983) and See Ya 'Round (1984)... pretty cool quirky ANZAC pop... not bad for a band to put a new album out every year in a row like that! Good happy positive memories of the time for me.

PS. Why has the word/spell checker stopped working on this thing all of a sudden?! Oh, the noes... my typos! [laffs]




Peas be with ewe 
Mal

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your enjoying the Enz. We are the same- many of their songs are on our Favourites List on Spotify, on Recycle/Repeat. Not Rinse. The MS is sneaky stealing bits of memory when you least expect it. Like the Lyrica tablets I am on for my back pain (illegally obtained... doctors gave me no pain relief scripts- don't know why!) Keep up the good work with your bread-making. Are you a good soup-maker by now? All you need is a saucepan and a blender. Or a pan in the oven for roast pumpkin soup- the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloody pain {hugs!}
      I have acute memories of hearing "True Colours" for the first time, in a girls' house in Curl Curl (Sydney)... who she was or why I was there, I have no idea... teen boy and girl, I guess! [laffs]

      Delete
  2. I do check in that looks like a very nice loaf of bread well done you.I am currently looking to sell my car and use Community transport I will let you know if this happens take care hugs from Vic and I xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are at least able to listen to the cricket. Hubby has subscribed to a sports channel for F1 and because I have Amazon prime we watch stuff on that.
    Your bread looks awesome, and made me realise I need to make some almond bread for me.
    I'm doing some research into ways to control my pain using my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When you find out how to use your brain, could you let me know how you do it, so I could use mine, too? [laffs/

      Delete