Monday 4 October 2021

Keeping In Touch With You


Hiya. Just a quick ‘newsy’ post to keep in touch... what’s the best thing to happen to you this week?

I am now double-dosed CoVaxed with AstraZeneca, with absolutely nil side effects for me at all.

My Youngest Son, Alex (turns 23 next month!), with his ‘missus’, Sophie.
(Thanks to Sophie for the pic)

RIP my 2nd-last Auntie Val, who passed away very recently... say hello to dad [your brother] and mum for me. All good happy and positive memories for me – she was a good woman. She was 90 - a good innings! Because we are all in Covid Lockdown still (until 11 Oct - fingers crossed), my brother and I will not be able to attend her funeral. My brother and I managed to get in touch with our 2 cousins, her daughters, to pass on our legitimate sympathies.


I figured out I’ve been living here in this place for 7 years now... the time seems to blend all together somehow. I am very thankful to be happily living here. There was a chance meeting out the front the other week; a local artist/painter dropped by, taking photos of the view from my front yard (I've seen her painting around the community previously). She would love to create a painting of my views! Of course, I said yes... I'm chuffed [ie. 'happy']!

The local bus service has a new route/timetable, that comes right past my place 15 times a day now. All buses are walker/chair friendly too... noice.
My new fishies, “Thoon” and “Katia”, are settling in well to their new home... I’ve discovered Thoon has an extra-special quality about him [laffs].

I’ve got back into Bread making here at home. So, I replaced the flat battery on my little digital Kitchen Scales, but that wasn’t why it wasn’t working... twas not just a flat battery, the unit is actually broken [it was an old one and I haven’t used it in two years... hmmm...]. So, once I managed to get back online again, I quickly had a new one delivered, and voila! Lots of gorgeously-fresh homebaked bread.

I’ve been slowly getting back into mowing/edging my little lawns [now Spring has sprung] when I’m able to... a bit here and there, just to keep on top of it. I keep forgetting I’m disabled sometimes – D’oh! I tried pouring some boiling water on a few naughty weeds growing in the cracks of the concrete floor of my empty carport, to kill them off – a tip from Patrick’s Radio Show on Thursdays... and it actually works! I’d never heard of doing that do destroy weeds before.

We’ve even had an Earthquake! On Wednesday 22 Sept in NE Victoria (about  600kms / 375 miles away)... I slept right thru it! D’oh! And then there was that nearby Twister... "only in Australia" [laffs].

There’s a little corner store one block away from here, selling a good coffee [I am told, altho I don’t drink/enjoy coffee!]; despite our Covid Lockdown, every time I walk past on my daily walks, there are crowds gathered for their daily fix of a good coffee, wearing masks and social distancing etc. The actual shop site had been closed for a long time... so it's great to see a new small local business opening up and seemingly thriving.

It was amazing to see Manly manage to get to fourth place in the NRL Rugby League Finals, considering the abysmal start to their season. It’s funny what triggers old happy/positive memories sometimes... I pulled out my old Manly footy socks – complete with mum’s old handwritten nametag still in them (from like 50 years ago) – so I burst into [happy] tears... mum’s been gone for 16 years!

Now that season is over – bring on the cricket! Glad to see the Indians giving our Ladies Cricket Team a great challenge.

I’ve been updating/tweaking this blog a lot lately, too.

Take a look at some shared harmless fun silliness (instead of all the doom’n’dloom we seem to be forever bombarded with everywhere!): “The Odd Socks”.

And to finish off this post... here are two pieces of atmospheric instrumental music, composed by a fellow MSer.

Christobeth - "Mobility", from his album "Maniacal Soul". ©™℗ 2021 Essence of Vision Inc.

 

Christobeth - "Metamorphosis", from his 2021 album "Maniacal Soul". 2021 ©™℗ Essence Of Vision Inc.


Here are my other current blog posts... in case you haven't caught up recently...

How have you been journeying lately? I’d love to hear from you. Keep in touch.



Thanx
Peas be with ewe 
Mal

4 comments:

  1. Earth quakes? Duudddeeee... Did the fishies notice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoon and Katia are way too cool to let something trivial like an earthquake disturb them! [laffs]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoy Christobeth's music as well.
    With quarry near never sure if it an earthquake or not here, but the earth certainly moves for us laffs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jan. Gotta support people as we can!
    The only rumbles I have here is the occasional train softly rumbling past about 500 meters away in the middle of the night... you wouldn't hear them unless you really listened for them.

    ReplyDelete