Wednesday 6 October 2021

Mowing - YAY


I realized the other day that I’ve been living in this place for seven+ years now... seven+ years since I left Warwick QLD... wow, time flies! My Landlord here is a genuinely nice bloke (he's a Fireman!) and has personally assured me I’ll be staying here as long as I need – thank gawd for that. I am very happy and grateful to be able to live here.

For the first time in years, I’ve managed to mow my little lawn all in one hit at once! Normally my legs/stamina/dizzies kick in so I’m unable to finish it all at once and do bits over a few days (I have to pace myself these days etc... I'm still not used to doing that... damn these life-long habits of stubbornness and independence, huh? lol).

HOWEVER, today – all done! It may not sound like much to anyone else, but for me – it’s a major! Just don’t tell my doctors I’ve done it tho, as I’m sure they’d have conniptions! [laffs].

The sound of my little mower bought out my back-door neighbour with his as well, and we both had a good breather and a catch-up chat along the way. A glorious sunny Spring shiny day.

Right at the end, after everything’s packed away, and even the bin was put out, I nearly fell over backwards over the back doorstep, of all places (all OK, phew)... just MSs’ way to remind me that it’s still there... bastard!

Today I would consider a ‘good’ day... but I’m sure I’ll be stuffed later – and that’s OK!




Peas be with ewe 
Mal

6 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! WTG Mal! I'll probably have the yard man out once or twice more, before our "Winter" sets in. I'm happy that you've got a nice place to live, that you like. It does make a big difference in how we feel, huh? ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. Seems like everyone in the street has taken my lead... there are mowers and edgers going off like crazy here today! [laffs].

      Delete
  2. Well done Mal, what a sense of accomplishment you must be feeling.
    Glad you have a good landlord who has no intention of throwing you out.
    Keith is thinking about seeing what will grow autumn/winter time here. Most stuff goes into survival mode in height of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan. I am truely blessed living here... I am grateful for everyday. The alternatives are unfathomable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss mowing a lawn. When I had the house in Bundaberg mowing the 1/4 acre was therapeutic in many ways... mindfulness with a purpose. On reflection I should have kept that house and got some noise cancelling headphones for the loud music of the recently moved in neighbour.

    I remember your Warwick saga (both the move to and from) and your move back to Bathurst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shelley! I wear little ear plugs I used to use for playing loud music in bands... noise cancelling things, perfect for lawnmowing!
    The whole Warwick situation seems like a lifetime away now - wow!

    ReplyDelete