Thursday 3 August 2023

It's "Top'n'Tail" Time!



Every 2 years-or-so, I have a medical procedure that checks my insides - one of the joys of having Ulcerative Colitis! ðŸ’œ 

This week sees me in our local hospital for day surgery, for a colonoscopy - checking to see that nothing 'nasty' is sitting in there. It involves a mild general anaesthetic, of which I've always come out quite well of previously.

This will be about my sixth one... I've lost count, to be honest.

Leading up to the procedure, I fast for three days beforehand.

The "preparation" always works effectively for me... the day before, having to drink 3 litres of a solution that [cough] flushes your insides out... plus lots of [only] water. (Note: There has GOT to be a better way to lose a bit of weight, surely? [laffs])




As with the last few times, my only brother is 'sitting' with me for the day and afterwards (thankfully), as it's expected for someone to do this after this procedure, to make sure everything is fine with no side effects or complications etc (I've never experienced any before).

I'm sure I'll be knackered (and hungry!) after it's all over [grins].





(NB. The original of this post was posted on 13 Dec 2017)

Normally this whole process doesn't concern me, but I admit I feel a little uneasy this time... I've no reason to be, but I'm just well-and-truly over hospitals and doctors and tests and all that, to be honest.

This'll be the first time I'll have this procedure since my MS diagnosis in January... I know that's not an issue, but it's sitting in the back of my mind - not that my MS will affect anything to do with Friday. It's just another 'thing' to have to think about... ahhh! The joys of getting older, huh? They never told me about this in the "Life Brochure"! [grins]

My biggest regret is that I've had to cancel my weekly radio program for this Friday night as a result - dagnammit! If that's the worst thing, then life is good! Yes!

"She'll be right, mate!"




► My latest 'procedure' was on 2nd August 2023. No after-effects at all, thankfully; but a change in treatment is in order, as all is not completely settled 'in there'.

► A previous 'procedure': March 2023

► A previous 'procedure': October 2016










Bookmark this page: Colonoscopy

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment