Monday 26 April 2021

A Quick Update on the Journey


Hiya. Just a quick one to keep in touch. What's been the best thing to happen to you this week?

I'm happily booked in for my annual medical procedures up at our local Base Hospital... and thankfully all cost-free for moi! Health-wise, things are pretty stable and consistent lately, thankfully. I love my walker "Brian" and am very thankful for friends who bought it for me... I remain speechlessly thankful for their enduring gracious legacy.

We have been extremely lucky here, with no Corona Virus cases reported locally for 12 months now.

While I wasn’t able to get out to any of the ANZAC Day services on Sunday (I used to go to the Sunset Service at our small local War Cemetery here), I was deeply moved by standing at my front mailbox with a lit candle at 6am on Sunday morning... joined together with two neighbours across the road, and another one down the road... I can’t explain the strange yet powerful sense of ‘connection’... it was so simple yet so significant, somehow. The couple across the road had the radio playing on their mobile phone, so I heard not only the Last Post but the Ode! The candles were a simple yet effective thing.

ANZAC Day doesn’t have to be a big ‘show’ for it to be significant. It always brings back happy positive childhood memories of watching The March on TV with dad, with him describing each Regiment’s (etc) story as they went past.

I've really been enjoying reconnecting with some great 'like-minded' MS-friendly people on Twitter. While I miss catching up with people on Facebook, I just don't use it anymore - and that's OK!

Plus I've been happy getting used to using the 'night-light/dark mode' screen setting on my laptop... seems to be saving my eyes somewhat... still taking a bit of getting-used-to, after using the normal setting for the last 34,791 years...

How exciting... I cut 6-inches off the length of my hair the other week... can anyone tell the difference, tho? Nope!

We've had some -0c/32f and lower frosty early mornings here in Bathurst... pretty in this stark harshness. Nice and toasty inside here, tho, thankfully.

Maybe that's why I had two ultra-rare (for me) eight-hour straight-thru sleeps, for two days in a row, last week! If I knew why etc, I'd write a book about it [laffs].

Oh... and Manly seems to be back in winning form at last, in the football [laffs].

I recently re-uploaded my "Lancelots Pram" music album from 2007... happy memories for me.

Film Rave Review: "The Father" (2020) starring Sir Anthony Hopkins is a 5 out of 5 must-sees new release. Anthony Hopkins *IS* a man who is battling dementia. This is beyond acting, it's that good. It defies description...

And just a passing thought I'll leave with you, for you to ponder... "How do Nudists clean their glasses...?"



Peas be with ewe 
Mal

2 comments: