Friday 26 June 2020

JoJo Rabbit


My latest 5 Out of 5 film I finally watched yesterday:
JoJo Rabbit (2019)

It's a black comedy, yet any attempted synopsis gives no real clues to the emotive power of this incredible piece of film-making.

For me, every emotion and sense was affected - bleakly hilarious, powerful, devastating yet finally uplifting - left me weeping at the end - a sign of GREAT film-making!

2019 was an amazing year for films. Whilst the film was nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, IMHO it didn't get the gong simply because of its controversial subject matter (ie. Nazi Germany), to keep inline with current PC trends (phooey!) Obviously, it will not be to everyone's taste - and that's OK.

For me, it'll be one of those films I'll only ever watch every few years (like "Saving Private Ryan" [that first 20 minutes!], "Dead Poets Society", and MANY many more), because it's THAT GOOD! I'm getting all emotional just thinking about it!

Hugest thanks always to my mum (miss you!), from whom I caught my passion for great movie-making.

What films give YOU goosebumps, just thinking about them?

Mal's DVD movies - 900+ so far (as always, diverse and eclectic)!

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment