Friday 8 May 2020

A Quick Update


Hiya. Just a quick one to keep in touch. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this week? All’s well here, thankfully.

I had a very unexpected – but very thankful – free gift given to me yesterday. I wasn’t having a good MS day, but I heard someone mowing my grass and doing my edging, and even de-webbing outside – but I felt too blergh to stick my head out the door to see who it was. This morning, I took a small “Thank You” bag of goodies to say “Thank you” to my neighbour for mowing my grass [as he normally does]… knock-knock… “No, it wasn’t me!”, he said! Same response from my other neighbour! BIG MYSTERY – WHO mowed my grass? I have absolutely NO idea – but I am so very thankful for whoever it was!  It was an early ‘Xmas in July Secret Santa’ gift! A HUUUGE THANK YOU to whoever it was! I am speechless, humbled – and pretty damn embarrassed!

After a bit of recent cleaning, I stumbled upon a tiny ‘Tablet’ that thankfully someone gave to me c.10 years ago – it never worked properly for me anyway (plus, looking at it now, it’s so small, my ‘dizzy-fingers’ wouldn’t be able to work it)! I’d forgotten all about it... but the charger works perfectly for my phone and good Tablet! It sounds ridiculous, but I can now have a spare charger in my “Ready-To-Go Hospital Emergency Bag”... Oh yes, I’m an old Boy Scout “Be Prepared” [laffs]!

My youngest son has just moved out of home for the first time, to a neighbouring town c.45 minutes drive away. I’m happy for him and proud... remember when you first moved out of home? It’ll be good for him to be out on his own – nothing against his mum, of course – she’s a good mum! It made me think... it’s been 19 years since I was divorced... and wow, those kind-of numbers start getting a bit scary, huh? [laffs]

I had my first Skype Video Call with a fellow MSer in Spain earlier this week... I feel almost 'Millennial' now! [laffs] I honestly don't know why I haven't done it before now?! (We normally just speak via Skype). I’m trying to get our times right, so I can speak with my good friend Keith down on the Central Coast... as usual, we keep missing each other! If you Skype... best way to grab me is to text me first – as I may be asleep etc [Stoopid MS!] (or email me, to work out mutually-appropriate time etc), as I use my tablet to Skype (I don’t have a ‘Smart Phone’... gasp horror shock! lol)! My Skype name: live:maljam2002

Gotta love eBay... this morning I had delivered about a years’-worth [for me] of incense, which cost very little! It’s a Lavender fragrance... does that officially make me a ‘Little Old Man’ now? [laffs]

Speaking of smoke...the skies here were filled with thick bushfire smoke from late-Autumnal safe backburning earlier this week, which bought back some rather mixed feelings, after our very-recent scorched summer...

I felt like Lord Muck... sitting in the glorious afternoon Autumnal sunshine this week, eating my homemade lunch, sipping a cup of tea [pinky finger raised! lol]... such outrageous decadence!

And randomly... every town has an "Interesting Person" - we've 'Tourette's Guy', who occasionally walks down the street after going to the pub, LOUDLY swearing his head off, using words that'd make a sailor blush! The first time I heard him, I thought it was an awful domestic, but he's actually quite harmless if a little startling! ... and NO, it’s not me [nor is that pic! lol!]

Hope life is looking after you alright.



Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment