Sunday 17 November 2019

G'day World

Just a quick update in passing.

It's been great having my Tablet working again, for which I am very thankful. I've been able to watch cricket on it (for free, to boot!), that isn't on the TV! Plus I figured out how to connect it thru my stereo and/or Bluetooth speaker! I thought I was so smrt [laffs]. It's been an added bonus for me – while my MS fingers are co-operating for me, that is [grins]…. (nb. my fingers are numb this afternoon typing this [for whatever reason!], so I'm typing using the laptop with its added keyboard… big clunky keys are easier for me to use when my fingers are clunky – go figure! You should see all the typos – thank gawd for spellcheckers…

Somedays I feel fine, when it comes to all my *&^%#! health stuff. Like the other morning, I felt good, jumped out of bed, ready to go for the day… and my foot decided to drag itself along the ground! Its's just MSs' way to remind me every [random] now-and-again, "Hey! I'm still here!" D'oh! That's why I call it "The Bastard"! [laffs]. I can't complain, really… there are many people with this disease who have much MUCH worse than I ever will.

I'm very thankful for my Twitter online MS Family – a diverse collection of international like-minded/understanding people, a loose 'community' where we can all share the highs'n'lows with each other, without feeling like… we got "the look"! [laffs].

Then my local small circle of friends are fantastic as well. I was taken out to lunch [and afternoon tea] yesterday… I just really enjoy the socialization and "no-agenda" times we have together. So good for the soul.

What a sleepy day I'm having… for the first time in ages (at least since my hospital stay, which'll be the subject of my next post!), I've managed five hours straight thru overnight, and a three hour solid sleep/nap this afternoon. Normally it's only three hours and then I'm wide awake… there's never anything wrong/the matter, etc – I'm just awake! Tis nice to have felt the positives of a good sleep, isn't it?
As John Lennon once asked, "How Do You Sleep"?

More decadence for me, having my groceries home-delivered this morning… what a life!

In the last week, we've had everything from a blanket of thick dust covering town [from way out west], to this morning with a thick bushfire-smoke-haze, from a fire 100kms away! It smelt awful… thankfully it's moved on a bit now. Those poor buggers up-and-down Eastern Australia, battling survival with those killer bushfires… I'm all safe here tho, thankfully. Not a drop of rain, tho – nor any expected in the near future either. Drought out here is serious business.

I'd love to hear from you – please keep in touch!

Cyalayta and peas bee with ewe
Mal

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your positive attitude its what gets us through hugs as always xoxox

    ReplyDelete