Saturday 5 September 2009

BWO

I'm amazed, after over five years of blogging, that I'm still reading bloggers who start their posts with the old old old line, "I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything on here lately..." thing.

STOP!



Blogging Without Obligation, alright?

Now the stress, guilt and pressure is off you - proceed happily and actually enjoy your blogging, good bloggers and social networking folks.

Of course we care if we don't see anything from your for a little while. We simply want to know if everything is alright in your world. But please don't feel obliged that you have to post something all the time to gain our love.

The flip-side of it all is when a well-loved blogger/online 'friend' disappears for no apparent reason, and it's rather sad when you never manage to find out if there's a specific reason or situation that's happened to them or not. That's happened quite a lot to me over the past five years as well.

There was one older lady who I used to enjoy a friendly regular chat with quite a few years back. We connected as friends on all sorts of levels. Then one day, she simply disappeared, and I never heard back from her. I never did find out what [if anything] happened to her, but I have to simply assume that she had passed away. Sad.

Another lass I got to know online quite well was like my online 'sister', we got on well and could talk about all sorts of stuff. I was very upset when I heard from her boyfriend [who I also knew] that she'd died after being involved in a car accident. These things happen, and it's very sad when they do. It's like losing a very real friend.



On another tangent, the latest cover song I've added to my live music set is "The Man Song" - which always gets a good laugh. As does playing "Momma's Got Her Boobs Out"... but you've gotta know your audience [especially redneck/bogans in a pub]! Locals who listen to a footy radio show here on the weekends will be very familiar with both of them, and that's why they always get a laugh when I play 'em at the pub.



fail owned pwned pictures
House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, far right, speaks while colleagues play solitaire on their computers as the House convenes to vote on a new budget for the fiscal year in the Capitol, in Hartford, Conn., Monday, Aug., 31, 2009.
Peas be with ewe
Cyalayta,
Mal :)

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

3 comments:

  1. I follow the BWO idea as you do but obviously it's not an obligation to blog that way so we are going to still see people who jump in with a 'sorry....' beginning to their posts.

    I just let those things wash over me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the "sorry" thingie has to do with a catholic or Jewish education or upbringing....as little tykes we were told to be guilty about everything ...takes some getting a handle on whats thrashed into you at age 6plus...and I mean thrashed literally.

    a bit of trivia...the Poms called the irish Tykes - and we all think its amusing word...it means "Dogs" so they were calling people of irish heritage Dogs...

    in Latin at mass we would say "mea Culpa, Mea Culpa mea maxima culpa" which is "I am sorry, I am sorry i am very sorry" thats what we were told anyhoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just sorry I'm sorry. And I'm Catholic. We feel guilty about everything.

    ReplyDelete