Wednesday 1 July 2009

Getting there...

Well... the re-mixes are coming along quite alright, I guess... I'm trying a totally different technique to re-mix my solo music album tracks this time, and now the finished thing doesn't sound like a total wall of bubbling mud! One song at a time this time, tho... and taking my time. (NB. Five* done by this evening already. I'll look at a few more tomorrow). It's not perfect, it's not brilliant, but it'll pass for now. It's all trial-and-error, and still tough listening to it with your own 'preconditioned' ears. I had someone-in-passing (who I've met only twice, albeit briefly) offer to come and 'mix' for me, but as they are a total alcoholic with fairly limited musical qualities, I really do not think it's at all appropriate.

* Two of which I'll morph in-and-out of the other to make as one track instead of two... they're both short ones as it is, which'll work with these two.

And yes, I am a shmuck who does suck, but - such is life.

I rang The Kings Hotel tonight to check with them if the regular Wednesday night "Sing Song Sung" singer-songwriter night was on, and as far as they know it's still going ahead. I haven't heard a single peep from anyone else about it, so I'm scratching my head about this whole thing!
Peas be with ewe
Cyalayta,
Mal :)

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment