Friday 20 February 2009

What *is* it like?

When a depressive episode strikes me, I know a lot of you simply don't understand - what's going on for me, what it's like, or even what to say. I know and appreciate that. It's a tough time for everyone.

I know my ex-wife still cannot deal with it. Bless her, tho.

Please take a few short minutes to read this site by a fellow blogger friend, Wendy. It offers genuine, layman insights into what depression is, what to say and what not to say to someone - all sorts of really practical wisdom and advice.


Click on the "Depression" tabs to find all about it there.

No, seriously - it's one of the better pages about the condition I've seen. There's also a heap of really useful links to other helpful sites there as well.

With sincere thanks to Wendy for her genuinely great site.


Peas be with ewe
Cyalayta,
Mal :)

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

7 comments:

  1. It is a very good page and certainly describes the feelings and fears very well. I hope we can spread the word as loved one's need to learn what this all means.
    Keep working on it my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal,
    Depression seems to run through my family genes, nonstop. I appreciate the site and will check it out right now. I need all the information I can get.

    Be good to yourself.
    Take it day by day and don't give up the hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is probably the best site of its kind I have seen. I also appreciated the sections on child sexual abuse. Thanks for sharing that, I think most people who read me, read you, but I'm going to mention it on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mal, this is why blogging can be a good tool. A tool to use to vent your frustration, to "out" your feelings and rampant thoughts when and if you can.
    We are here to read it..I would be there to listen to it if I could. I know it is no consolation, but I send you huggs. Just know, there are people who give a crap ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your week is going well - and thanks for being so open about what you're going through, it's very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((((Hugs)))))) I certainly get depressed, I can appreciate what your going thru. I just refuse to stay there! I know better days will come, not as fast as i would like, but i know they are there.
    Keep doing the things you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know all right! Don't you worry! I think for most its not that they do not understand more like that they have not caught up on the whole picture! (Well that was my bad! But you know that already!)

    I do agree with you that those who have not had to deal with it have a hard time understanding. I guess it must be hard if one has not felt that way or been a part of someones life that has. Its a real biggy but unfortunately so common these days.

    Keep looking up my friend, there is always a light at the end of that tunnel!

    ReplyDelete