Wednesday 28 May 2008

Chaotic Snippets From A Insatiable Tambram

cat
more cat pictures


I've written up and printed out the words and arrangements for those ten new songs, for next Sunday. They're pretty easy ones musically, but it's all about the feel for these old classic standards (Mick, Julian and I have feel to spare, thanks to playing together over the past months). Buddy Holly, Everly Bros - and even a Temptations song! Gasp! lol.

Like I said... never in my wildest dreams would I ever have considered playing any of that sorta stuff with other people. But when it worked last Sunday... you've just gotta go with it. I cut most of my musical teeth playing 60's pop/rock music, so this is a real fun experiment for me playing some stuff from a slightly earlier era.

I'm not sure Matt would wanna play this sorta stuff tho... hrm....



I feel for Matt, I really do. However, realistically, I'll fall over backwards if he seeks me out and tries to connect with me again. I sense our playing days are over. Nothings' happened at all. It's just an innate sense I have.

Prove me wrong, dagnammit.



My little boat sits perched upon its trailer, awaiting the passage of our winter. Roll-on the warmer sailing months again! The days here are gloriously warm and sunny... but the water would be freezing! No thanks!





Stop Press... well... an addendum? I dunno whatever you call it!

I've spent about two hours this evening practising both guitar and keyboards over those ten new songs. It's good to have the "playing" bug back again. Just playing playing playing, and really getting the feels down pat. Lovin' it.

I enjoy it when these moods strike. Bring 'em on, I say!
Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

4 comments:

  1. Awww I love Buddy Holly and the Everly Bros :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buddy Holly was the bomb...back in the day...
    Most of his songs are really easy to remember.

    glad you got the playing bug rather than a sick bug..lol

    Matt knows that if he feels like playing for the fun..he knows where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you play any Creedence Clearwater Revival stuff? My fav song of theirs is Suzie Q...it is my recorded ring tone when my mobile rings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 50's 60's and 70's were the absolute best time for musical change - there was true genius

    ReplyDelete