Monday 25 June 2007

(*) Lemon Eats Cow

I've been downloading music again... I go through fits and spurts of doing it... my last major spurt was about this time last year [when I stop to think about it?] Maybe it's this cold chilly wet snowy weather that somehow encourages searching for music online? Who knows! heh heh

This weekend I finally got around to find and make a CD of Miles Davis 1970's CD album, "Bitches Brew". Wow... this is really really good, BUT - it's VERY weird stuff! I appreciate what they're trying to do... I'll give it some time to 'grow' on me.

Another CD was The Finn Bros [ie. Neil and Tim Finn... Split Enz/Crowded House] 1995 solo album, simply called "Finn". I always enjoy their poppy stuff, even if most of this album is rather dark in a funny way.

And a third was "The La's" punkish pop-rock! I really like this one! I've been waiting for a time to find and download these albums for a few months now. Now I have, I kinda thought, "Ahh, I've run out of things I want to find to listen to!" I mean, my music CD collection is upto about 400 titles at the moment! BUT... yesh yesh, there's always more things to find. I had another search around for some of my favourite artists, and realised I should get copies of some of their lesser-know, albums. Bands like XTC, and Nick Drake's first two albums too, amongst others. Gagh! It never ends!


Week 229
I say ... and you think ... ?


1. Compulsion :: ingrained habit
2. Spiritual :: Diversity
3. Spray :: and Wipe
4. Compatibility :: Well Suited
5. Pursuit :: of Happiness
6. Fake :: Mostache
7. Mobile :: Alabama [?!]
8. Ceremony :: of the Horsemen [oooh, a random Dylan lyric]
9. Ribbons :: Medals for Bravery
10. Mozart :: Magical heavenly satin pillows

Random 10 - Week 111
10 songs that sum up your weekend...or were on your weekend playlist...and one picture that relates back. (oh, and if you feel like it, tell us why you picked the songs you did)

1.] "Yes It Is" - The Beatles - one song I did acoustically on Sunday arvo
2.] "Anytime At All" - The Beatles [ditto]
3.] "I'll Be Back" - The Beatles [ditto]
4.] "I'll Follow the Sun" - The Beatles [ditto]
5.] "Cool World" - Mondo Rock [one of the cover band songs]
6.] "Drive My Car" - The Beatles [ditto]
7.] "Day Tripper" - The Beatles [ditto]

8.] "Run Like Hell" - Pink Floyd
9.] "Breathe" - Pink Floyd [from the still-awesomly sounding "Dark Side of the Moon"]
10.] "Angels Heap" - Finn Bros


1. How far from your home is your nearest fire station? About 1 km/ 1 mile. It's good living in a rural community.

2. Have you ever made a call to your local 911 service? If so, how long did it take for emergency personnel -- whatever type you needed -- to arrive? I've rung for an ambulance once before [here we dial "000"], when I witnessed a car accident happen right in front of me. They were there within like 2 or 3 minutes! Amazing!

3. If you had to choose one of the following, which emergency employee would you want to be: police officer, dispatcher, paramedic, firefighter; and why would you choose that one? Paramedic, as they cop less drama from their clients, and they help people in their immediate state of need.

4. Take the quiz: What firefighter tool are you? A gaff hook! Whoo hoo!

5. When you were little, did you ever dream of being a first responder? Not really... I always wanted to be a teacher - or a musician!

6. What is your favorite first-responder-related movie or television show; and how realistically do you think it depicts what they really go through? I don't watch too many of those ER-type shows. They just don't 'do it' for me. Then again, I can't force myself to watch those real lide medical emergecy shows like "RPA" either! Gagh! That's really happening to real people! Gagh!


Name seven of the most under-appreciated jobs in your community.

Parenting - hands down they are the MOST under-appreciated.
1] Police
2] Garbage collectors
3] Ambulance drivers
4] School Teachers
5] Nurses
6] Checkout operators - hey, they're people too! Talk to them and make their day :)
7] Volunteer co-ordinator

"TV Threes"

1. David Letterman, Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien? To be honest, I don't watch any of them!
2. Rachel, Monica or Phoebe? Kooky is kewl.
3. Larry, Curly or Moe?
4. ER, House or Grey's Anatomy? An awesome character
5. Oprah, Tyra or Ellen? Neither :(

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

2 comments:

  1. I'm just staring at the pretty UK label. Ah vinyl! I miss it.

    thanks for playing Mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always funny when you talk about snow and we are having 90 degree weather. Glad your keeping busy with your guitar.

    ReplyDelete