Friday 24 August 2018

An Announcement



"The Pram's Album Show" Announcement
Friday 24 August 2018

I need to take a break from presenting radio on Community Radio 2MCE for a month or two.

I've been struggling with this decision for quite a few weeks now, but I need to tell you why and where I'm coming from. I have only made a definite decision yesterday. This has been a very tough decision to make, as radio is a huge part of my psyche.

1.) My ongoing negative health problems are causing me major inconsistency in my availability and reliability in presenting radio, which really frustrates me - but there's nothing I can do about it.

2.) My inconsistent health is even affecting my motivation to be honest - to continually present consistent-quality programming. I am feeling rather 'stale' with it at the moment, and need a break to refresh myself with it.

3.) It's not fair relying on somebody else having to provide transport for me, very late at night. While I can drive, I just don't have a car myself at the moment. It's not even the time slot that's the problem - my health issues can kick in at any time, that's the main problem for me.

4.) And also - it's not fair on 2MCE as a station, either, having an unreliable presenter.

Other presenters have been amazingly gracious and understanding with my random unreliability - but it's not fair on them at all to keep going like this.

I'm not resigning etc, as I continue to fully support 2MCE-FM in every way. I just need to take a bit of a personal break.

I would love to come back again, perhaps in a month or two.

Thanks,
Mal Kiely aka "Lancelot's Pram"


Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment