Tuesday 18 April 2017

Psychedelic Walking Stick


Tomorrow, I'm getting some small art/craft-store little tubes of bright paints, and turn my new walking stick psychedelic - or at least very colourful!

Yeah! Lifes' too short not to have fun!

People might ask, "What do you do with the little bit of money, you get paid from a band gig for?"

This!

I 'introduced' myself walking with my stick, at our Pengopuss jazz gig on Sunday. The brilliant thing is - with these great friends - no-one bloody noticed! Of course, I made the joke about using its four-pronged feet as a marshmallow toaster over an open fire... and having to learn a whole lot of "House" jokes (which I've never watched!)...

What is even better for me - and my psyche - is that having/using a walking stick feels totally natural and normal to me. I thought I might feel a bit "odd/self-conscious" about using it... but no, not at all.

I don't use it all the time... it's just there "just in case", as I've heard plenty of positive feedback from so many people who use them. Very encouraging.



Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment