Saturday 2 March 2024

Orange is the MS Awareness Colour


Orange
has always been my favourite colour! (I am a very visual person, after all...) It's kinda useless around the home, so I rarely get to use it. I have an awesome huge orange cotton throw-spread, that lives over my speaker cabinets, tho.

I just discovered that ORANGE is the colour of MS Awareness! I find that kinda... invigorating, exciting, refreshing, for some inexplicable reason.

It's almost like I kind of always knew...?





What does Orange Mean?
(Source)

So what does the colour orange stand for?

Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.

To the human eye, orange is a very hot colour, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus colour, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the colour of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance. (Source)


I'll take the colour Orange all day long just for it's meaning. The one issue I have with orange is that it is heat provoking as a visual element. And we are already overheated! The nice thing is that blue is the opposite of orange on the colour wheel and blue is very cooling. The two work well together.












Bookmark this page: MS' Colour is Orange!
Also: MS-Orange

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment