Wednesday 6 April 2016

Colouring-In?


I know it's a current 'trendy' thing to do, but that's not why I'm trying this whole "Adult Colouring-In" thang.

I got myself a whole swag of about 100 different coloured pencils, and a little basket to keep them in.
Here's the first one I did. I know it's not "art", or anything outrageously creative, but... it's something! heh heh.

I'm finding it really relaxing, and helps me to de-stress and wind-down, when I feel stress and anxiety starting to creep up on me, from time to time. Plus I can take my time, and enjoy the whole 'randomness' of it all (in selecting unpremeditated colours at random), which is something that mirrors my own psyche.

At Keith's suggestion, I remembered that I still have my elder-brother's childhood "Spirograph" drawing set (it's almost practically intact as well!), so I'm going to try my hand at making some of my own random colouring-in designs using that. Do you remember those Spirographs?
Examples of Spirograph drawings.

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment