Wednesday 9 April 2014

Ups and Downs


It's funny how my emotions/feelsings/psyche twists, turns and twines thru my day. This morning felt a very slow, sluggish start. Even after a 1-hour walk this evening didn't really pick-me-up as much as I had hoped. Twas an awesome sunset, tho.

Then this evening, the small lounge/club band had a brief lounge-room practise - and I'm feeling a whole lot brighter. It's taken me these past two weeks to relax enough within myself to actually enjoy playing bass again. I've really missed just playing with other people, and even tho this combo isn't anything outrageous, it's still a positive experience for me.

I was wondering why my bass guitar was starting to sound a bit distorted thru the amp and speak last weekend... then it hit me - one of those weird 3am 'Eureka' moments! The 9-volt battery in the guitar was going flat! I'd forgotten all about it... D'oh! No biggie, and easily fixed.
So, I started my day on about a 3, then middled-out with a 5, and this evening I'm home again with a 7 or 8. It's a nice feeling. (cf "Mood Check" to appreciate what I'm talking about).

My whole experience over Xmas/New Year has really done some 'damage' to my psyche, and I'm quite conscious of having to take things easy for a bit, still. I'm "OK", I'm just aware that things are still processing and 'healing' internally for me - those things just take time.

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment