Sunday 30 August 2009

IBS, no thanks

I've just been listening to the "Lancelot's Pram" album, just because don't usually 'put it on and listen to it'. You know, I actually quite like it [I know I've said that before], but yeah, I like it, and that's the main thing in the end. I know it won't be everybody's cup-of-tea, and that's OK, as music is always an intensely personal thing for individuals. But it's also very surreal... it's like listening away, and then suddenly realising, "Oh, hang on a moment, this is me!" Very strange.

Undergoing the horrors of IBS is. no. fun. Not a fun way to spend your weekend... ensuring you're close-at-hand to a loo... doesn't matter what I eat, don't eat, the response is still the same. Sure makes 'getting out and about' something very difficult to do at times. They got this right for sure: IBS is "...regarded as a chronic illness and can dramatically affect the quality of a sufferer's life." Spending hours simply asleep because you don't have the energy to do anything else is not what I'd describe as a constructive interactive weekend, huh?
Peas be with ewe
Cyalayta,
Mal :)

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

3 comments:

  1. Well I've been enjoying it, some of the songs were playing on my itunes DJ yesterday.
    IBS is no fun I have a friend who suffers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - glad you've been enjoying my fun attempts at music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep and it's going onto the Ipod for the party too, I really like it, you did good Mal!

    IBS sucks for sure you poor bugger. And good on you for not shirking the "sensitive" stuff like that, and depression.

    ReplyDelete