Friday 7 August 2009

Anita Willey playing live

I'm listening to a fellow local singer-songwriter Anita Willey perform live on the radio for 2 MCE-FM's "Sounds Live" (part of the same week-long event I've been playing on as well). I'm digitally "taping" it for her, and I'll try and make an mp3 digital podcast of her on-air gig for her.
She's been so supportive and encouraging of me musically over these last few months, it's the least I can do to start to begin to say "thank you" to both herself and her partner, Peter. I'm catching up with some old friends from Sydney tomorrow. They're coming up to buy a campervan from a local, and I'll meet them straight off the train and we'll do lunch etc etc. This is yet another 'good' person I'll be catching-up with from the 'good old days', all thanks to reconnecting thru Facebook :) I'm kinda blown away... I've actually sold eight 'Lancelot's Pram' CD's so far, right across the world! I know I know... the world tour is next! hahahaaaaa. But seriously... it's all a project I'm doing basically for myself as a bit of fun, and people are wanting to listen to it. It's all still a bit surreal. The reality check is that I'm still not really well physically, but I'm working thru it... the joys of IBS. At least the Black Dog is under check at the moment... I've been having a bit of a personal happy peak this week with all the music and family, but I know in all reality it'll start to drop-off pretty quickly again, and that's quite fine. I had a nice phone call from an online friend last night, which was lovely... twas like sitting down and chatting away over a cuppa, albeit via the phone :) The 4th cricket "Ashes" test starts tonight... there's a concert I'm attending with some friend in Orange on Saturday evening... and a live acoustic concert I'll hopefully attend in a local outlaying little village 'Millthorpe' on Sunday arvo. Looks like a nice weekend... now I just have to remember to find some time to do some routine maintenance work on my little sailing dinghy while the sun is out and shining!
Peas be with ewe Cyalayta, Mal :)

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a co incidence! I had a lovely chat with an online friend last night too! Felt like we'd known each other for years.

    It's really good you can mix with other musicians, and that you can all help and encourage each other.

    Eight cds? Can I be your manager?

    Have fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great day. Have you thought of going to the local markets with a fold up table, an umbrella and a poster...you would sell some then and word gets around...
    You would of course take some with you on your gigs and maybe have a sign up that you have CCD's for sale...people will often buy what they have just heard... but you'd know all this anyway...

    ReplyDelete