- Finish recording vocals
- Start sub mixing and final mixing
- Mastering of individual tracks
- Mastering of short online samples & press kit samples
- Mastering of whole album
- Finalise song running order
- Which free bonus tracks to put online? On album?
- Burn CDs
- Finalise and print CD artwork covers (& label artwork to printers)
- Arrange printing of CD labels - printers
- Assemble CD's.
- Ensure enough packaging etc for CD postal orders.
- Album launch - date, venue, promotion, advertising etc etc
- upload song samples
- arrange CD payment details with PayPal and PayMate
- sale of music online? Arrange etc
- finalise artwork etc
Promotional Press Kit...
- arrange a photographer
- sample CD & cover artwork
- cover letter
- kit 'blurb' and photos
- meet and 'politely pester' local venues for regular ongoing gigging ops
- Design & print promo flyers, handouts, business cards
- Advertising, PR blah blah blah
Now you may begin to understand why I'm planning an August release date! And all this is just off the top of my head! I suppose I'd better sit down and actually list all these "To Do" things on a list... I know I've got one of those for the actual recordings! Like, for instance, tonight I'll spend a few hours down at the Milltown Hall, and record some percussion and vocal overdubs in the large hall-room, for the sound of the acoustics down there. That's been on my "To Do" list for a few weeks now. By the way, I have no money to do all of this, so it'll be interesting to see how it all comes together. All the money that I had to do this sort-of musical thing was spent trying to get "The Night Before" off the ground - and that was a waste of time of sorts, especially financially for me personally. Regular paid gigging with the band should have reimbursed me for all my thousands of dollars I personally invested... alas it was not to be. Any money I may make out of sales and gigs will be paltry compared to the man-hours I've invested into this thing - but that's not where I'm ultimately coming from.
I know my songs or this album will not change the world. Some of the songs are good but not 'great' - and that's OK. This is just something I have to do for myself before I simply am unable to do anything anymore.
I'll get this thing finished, out and done, and then go from there. It'll probably be the last thing I do, in reality. Even tho I do have plans to keep writing and recording more original stuff for another solo album at the end of this year, but if nothing comes from this, and I end up dead broke (seriously) as a result, I simply won't be able to do anything else after this.
Peas be with ewe
Subscribe to this Blog