Thursday 6 November 2008

Five and a half months

SJ turns 12 in six days time! Where has the time flown...?!? I have no idea what to get him as a pressie either! Ix has his birthday at the end of the month as well... our family 'tradition' is to celebrate birthdays rather than Xmas. Xmas isn't such a big deal for us in that regard. sure, we do a few pressies, but we try to focus on birthdays instead.



I can't remember if I've shared... back in late May, we organized for JD to have his name changed. It's a hyphenated last name - a positive compromise for all of us (the extra name will be his step-dads'-familys name). The original plan was to receive the official paperwork for his 15th birthday, back in August.

In the first week of November, the Change-Of-Name Certificate has finally arrived! Holy crap - how's that for bureaucracy gone borked?!?

Every time we sent them the correct paperwork exactly as they requested, they'd send us another letter asking us for more bits of paper - despite not having told us they needed those extra documents in the first place.

They did this to us THREE times!!!

Three times.

That's why it took them five-and-a-half months to do something as simple as changing my son's name!!! Even tho the process normally takes about a week at most.

That's truly ferked-up. I despise impersonal Govt bureaucratic departments...

But it's all done now. I'm holding the certificate in my hand as we speak, so it's all good.



We've decided to sell our demo album CD "The Milltown Tapes" ourselves for now... certain organizations we contacted about it simply have not replied to our repeated polite requests.

$10.00 ea. (AUD) + postage. That's fair enough. Contact me if you'd like to get yourself a copy, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. It's not a perfect way to sell something online, but it's what we've got for now. It's not as though we're making much money out of this... it basically covers our basic costs, that's all.

Price: $10.00 ea. (AUD) + Postage (PPH: $5.00 anywhere)
(Currency Converter)
(NB. Please contact us so we can forward our Direct Deposit banking details to you,
and confirm your delivery address. Thanks.)


Update: I'm opening a PayPal account for the band. That'll make things 1,000% easier for people to purchase the CD online. I didn't realise it was so easy... my bad! Hopefully it should be up-and-running in a few days.


The band webpages' host/server had a slight hiccup last night (my time)... I couldn't upload or download any pages for a few hours. It's all 100% fine and running perfectly now. Gave me a bit of a scare for a few seconds tho. That's the first time in about three years of using that particular server that I've ever seen it play-up.

That's not bad for a free web hosting service, huh?
Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

6 comments:

  1. aren't they growing so fast!!
    It does seem excessively long to change a name.
    You got any special plans for his birthday? My kids just want money to spend on themselves usually at this age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boy tom will be 12 next year, amazing I reckon..time flys, yadda yadda.
    I'll order a cd in the next few weeks... my friend and I like to listen to music when we have lunch, in between bike rides, each day. We usually play Meatloaf or Creedence Clearwater Revival. I love the listings on your CD...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, and I thought Aussie government was efficient? Must have some Pommies running that department!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hopeless with this stuff.

    Kids so grow so freaking fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see someone is being rude about us pommies even if it's true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caroline, I've been invited over on his birthday... I'm flabbergasted, as that's the first time since she's remarried that I've been invited over! I won't stay long, but it'll be brilliant to hang out with him tho.

    Glad you like the songs on the demo CD, Cassie. Thanks. It's a starting point for us.

    Oh, i think it's an Aussie tradition to bag the Pommies... we're all convicts over here, you know? lol

    Cyalayta
    Mal :)

    ReplyDelete