Friday 11 April 2008

In a Silent Way

On the invite of the organiser, I visited the venue where Box of Sox are playing tomorrow night. Plus he paid us cash in advance [sits sipping French champagne... kidding...]. Should be a fun night. About 120 people should keep the place jumping happily.

But I'm physically feeling pretty weak at the moment... my on-off-again bowel irritation has decided to rear its ugly head once again... red stuff in the loo aint so good, you know?

I'll be fine by tomorrow night... just tonight I'm feeling pretty physically washed-out. Thankfully the anti-d's are keeping me on an emotional even-keen again - thank fark for that.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Matt in the morning if he can wrangle his way to play this gig, before I can finalise setlists... that is, what songs are we gonna play in what order. Trying to create some atmosphere, create mood, keep things flowing, changing people around with instruments and vocals, all of that. it's kinda my job, but I enjoy doing that kinda thing. In the end we improvise and often change things around as we go, according to the moment. But - that's the way it should happen. So yeah, depending if Matt can do it or not, then I can know what songs of his we can set aside for this particular gig, and what songs we can add, as this time we'll have Eddie singing and playing. That adds a whole exciting new refreshing dynamic to the overall mix. wOOt!
At the moments I'm taking things pretty easy and mellow by listening to this atmospheric album:

Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

3 comments:

  1. What sort of music do you guys play... or is it a bit of this and that? Hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my all time favorite Miles album. It's totally mellow.

    ReplyDelete