Monday 24 March 2008

Loud?

Wow Paige...who'd have thought being 10 kms out of town would land us with a local noise complaint? Well, it happened to us late yesterday arvo. A local neighbour about 500 meters away came over and complained about our band noise that she said we'd been making "all day", even tho we'd only played about two hours in four since midday. We'd stopped twice for breaks, including a baked fish lunch - wow! So yeah, we weren't playing that long in reality, and we weren't as loud as we usually are. Honestly!

So ... there you go! Shit happens.

There's nothing bad happening as a result... just an annoyed neighbour who must have been bored yesterday arvo, I guess. All seems now to be appeased.

Matt's been recording our rehearsals, and there's one song from one I'll upload and share in the near future, that's a listenable quality live open-mic'd recording.

We've got our first official band 'gig' this coming Saturday, at a Private Function just out of town. That'll be good. Hopefully it'll settle Matt's nerves down at last... he's seemingly had the jitters about playing in front of an audience for weeks now. He seems to not stop talking about it.

Funny thing is... he really fires positively in front of an audience.

Matt rang me tonight here at home... he was smashed off his tree... talking nonsense and slurring words (he'd been drinking vodka all afternoon, from what I could gleam from his ramblings...). He kept raving on and on about the rehearsal recordings, about how good they were blah blah blah, praising everyone to the excessive. When he started saying critical personal things about myself that I knew he didn't mean (it was just the drink speaking), I'd had enough and hung up on him! lol
I've got enough of my own Level Six-and-Seven shit and trouble to consider as it is (most of which I wouldn't begin to bore you with by sharing it on here anyways...), without having to listen to a mates' drunken version of who he thinks you are or should be.

Still I struggle with what to and not to share on this thing, even after 3-1/2 years of blogging. Interesting, no?

No, not really! hahahahaaaa.
Oh... at least I haven't written a whole post devoted solely to my goldfish... lately...

Interesting 24-hours...

We were sitting on Matt's balcony just after sunset on Saturday, when I couldn't believe my eyes... a meteor showered right above us! Only lasted for about two seconds... at first I thought someone had let off a flare or some fireworks, but no... it was a meteor shooting star trail and shower of sparks! Wow!Then, just last night I found myself sharing some pretty serious heavy stuff about myself with Matt one-on-one after rehersal, that has taken me six months to pluck up the courage to share... and tonight he's razzing me about it.

No, I'm not very impressed.


1603 - Queen Elizabeth I of England dies (b. 1533).

1874 - Harry Houdini born, (Weisz Erik), Hungarian-born magician (d. 1926).

1930 - Steve McQueen born, American actor (d. 1980)

In 1973, "The Dark Side of the Moon" concept album by the British progressive rock band Pink Floyd, is released in the United Kingdom. This album would go on to set the record for most weeks on the pop charts, 741 consecutive weeks (14 years) on the USA-based Billboard 200 album chart, the longest duration in history.

1989 - Exxon Valdez oil spill: In Prince William Sound in Alaska, USA the Exxon Valdez spills 240,000 barrels (42,000 m³) of petroleum after running aground.

24 March is the Day of Memory for Truth and Justice in Argentina.
Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

2 comments:

  1. Oh that drink was on fire! Must be a Doctor Pepper (Not the soda)

    Have a great Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for success in your gig!

    A meteor shower would have been great to see.

    ReplyDelete