Sunday 16 December 2007

What a Difference 24 Hours makes!

What a difference 24 hours can make to your outlook. Today went FINE. There was no problem... in fact the guy I'd been stressing about came up to me and apologized for his behaviour as of late. So - whew! So yeah, there was no need for me to resign etc etc. I was just feeling so uptight about it all last night, I actually didn't get much sleep at all - one hour in total!

The sailing was great... there was threatening rain all morning, but we got our two hour window of opportunity out on the water with clients before the rain set in. And HOW it set in! We were literally stuck under an awning/marquee for half-an-hour, the rain was that heavy! heh heh. It really was quite funny. A good time was had by all.

A huge plus was how one of the local TV news camera crews came along and took some great footage and interviews with volunteers and clients as well. They stayed for about two hours! That's extraordinary! That story will supposedly show sometime between Xmas and New Year, so we'll keep an eye out for that. When we get a copy of it, we may be able to post it on YouTube or something. But we're definitely going to use it for promotional purposes to help plug Sailability. Yay!

Sitting on on the water, nice 12 knot nor-wester, not at all cold, but in the pouring (and I mean POURING!) rain - sensational, magical stuff. Words cannot describe... all the stress I've been putting myself thru in the last few days - gone in an instant. Washed away. (Luckily all the clients were ashore and under cover when the rain finally did arrive... just us silly ones foolish to stay out there for an extra half an hour getting thoroughly soaked but having a hooting great time! wOOt!)

Thank you, dad! Thanks for giving me a passion for sailing! Yay!

The Xmas Party was the usual relaxed, casual get-together with a few friends, that there was no stress or anything about 'business'. Someone even said as a joke, "Are we gonna have a meeting or what?", which got a good friendly laugh.

I am still rather taken aback (positively) that I was presented with a gorgeous bottle of wine, as a way to say thank you for helping out with Sailability. That came out of left field... totally unexpected. So yeah, I'm very thankful (major understatement! lol)

Well, after only one hours sleep last night, sailing in the rain, and a good old fashioned BBQ lunch - plus the cricket has been rained out in Sydney and the TV, I'm sitting here in the late afternoon with my eyelids nearly falling down over my face! Gagh! heh heh

Yes yes, it's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make to your outlook on life.
Peas be with ewe

1 comment:

  1. To sail, is to be free. Enjoy the wind in your hair mate, it's a wonderful gift. hugs and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete