Saturday 15 December 2007

Desktops and Screensavers


This here is my latest desktop, courtesy of MsAnnThorpe. That's her view from her place! Goodness, that's awesome!!! [Envy envy envy!!! heh heh]. I love living here 200kms/120 miles from the sea, don't get me wrong for a second. But I sure miss the ocean. The sound, the smell, the taste of the ocean.

On the opposite side of the coin, I sure do NOT miss the humidity that comes with living so near the sea at this time for year! heh heh

Here's a pic she took just the other day of a winters' sunset! Wow! Impressive! I've added this one to my ScreenSaver collection!


Here's the recent photos taken at some of our "Sailability" events. Lots of fun. I'm really looking forward to going out there again tomorrow. Last one for this year, at least.

It looks as tho these girls were having fun, because they were! heh heh. There's nothing quite as sensational as messing about down by the water on boats, you know.

Saying that, I haven't been out on my Laser for a few weeks. Just... I can't seem to find the motivation. And going out on your own without anyone else being out and around isn't as much fun either.

Mr Hoon bought himself a, 18-ft trailer sailor, to potter about in. Because his knee in causing him some long-term grief, he's been forced to sell his Laser. So he's turning into a more relaxed sailor, with a very comfy day-sailor instead. Looks lovely, with 2-berth and nice wood paneling and all that. He's invited me out for a sail at our local lake next Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to it, actually. I am. I think I need to go out again, but yeah, I miss having someone around to just sail with. Not necessarily racing, just the social company out on the water, I guess. Anyways [shrugs]

I miss hanging out with Arthur Knight out of Tahlee. Dang, they were some good sailing times at night. Two like-minded blokes hanging out, sitting becalmed at night watching shooting stars or in the pouring rain, both totally content.

Asparagus.

Flummery.
Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment