Friday 2 November 2007

It's Been a Bits and Pieces Week

It's been a busy kinda week - but good, positive busy. Yay me! lol

We had a bi-annual property inspection here on Wednesday, which went without a hitch. I enjoy the motivation... gives me a chance to clean about the place what you just wouldn't normally do [well, what *I* wouldn't normally do!], such as dust the curtains in my room... things like that! heh heh. The place looked spotless... but it does normally anyways, thanks to it being a relatively-new place, so it's just easier to keep it looking fresh without much effort. Sounds like my kinda home, huh? heh heh.

My housemate casually told me that his girlfriend dumped him on Sunday! heh heh. He's not at all shocked or down about it... strange reaction, huh? I think he had a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend... and she quickly wisened-up to the fact, I think! he's a good housemate... still a classic young bachelor tho, but that's OK.

We've had some amazing rain storms come through this week... thunder, lightning (heaven's fireworks), dumping lots of water, but it's just soaked straight into the ground... run-off into the dams has been fairly minimal, unfortunately... ahhh, this the joys after six years of drought, I guess. But the dam out at Carcoar is sure looking pretty sad at the moment... down to 12.6% already and dropping again. Not good - at all. Thankfully the local water supply is c.85% capacity, and it's a good-size dam... great for sailing on too... which I managed to do out there the other weekend.


Along the way this week, I even managed to jot down a sketch for a new poem! Gagh!

Yesterday I managed to pull out my old Tascam 244 4-track tape machine, just to see of it worked... and I was rather disappointed to discover that it DIDN'T! Bugger it! So much for the notion of getting back into some old-school recording again. It's OK tho... I can use some software on my laptop etc etc, but I'm not 100% competent using digital technology to record live music with - just yet! It's just the fact that I haven't played enough with the program enough yet to feel comfortable with it yet. But give it time... as it is, I'd rather just concentrate on the actual music than having to think and fiddle with technology to record it. That's why I was so disappointed when the 4-track seemed to die on me... I was really happy using that machine. I knew all the ins-and-outs with it etc. Oh well. One step at a time.

On Sunday I'm having a casual jam with the guys I was jamming with about two months ago. One of the blokes is now based In Sydney, which makes it rather difficult for us to get together. But the remaining three of us are gonna get together and just muck about for a few hours on Sunday arvo, with a guest vocalist for a bit of extra colour. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't picked up my bass (a Musicman Stingray 5-string, similar to this one) in about two months. But I do "keep my hand in" with my acoustic guitar here at home, sitting on the bed, or sitting on the sofa watching TV, or chugging along to a CD sometimes.

One of my pet projects one sleepless night this week was to make an anthology collection of Neil Young music onto three CDs... kinda like a Greatest Hits from like 10-or-so albums of his for my own usage. I'm not a huge fan of Neil Young, but I'm having a greater appreciation for his stuff... and I also realise that a lot of his stuff is really bleak and harsh on purpose! "Interesting" bloke... and it's not 3 CDs I'll be listening to a lot, but these are the silly things you do at 3am in the morning when you wake bolt upright and can't get back to sleep!

A few new DVDs this week as well...
"The Grapes of Wrath"
"The Diary of Anne Frank"
"Unforgiven"

I think my DVD collection has gone from about 60-or-so to over 180-odd in a few months! Golly gees!
Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment