Thursday 18 October 2007

It's a Wonderful Life

"It's a Wonderful Life" (1946) directed by Frank Capra, starring James Stewart.

I've only just seen this film for the first time, and I'm totally... speechless... it's THAT good! I'm totally emotionally floored!!!! I don't know what to say - it's really touched me in a very deep place.

Look, if you've never seen this film, or it's been years since - do yourself a favour, will you? Make the time to experience this masterpiece.

"No other film comes anywhere near to getting people to find out what things would have been like if an event had or had not taken place - Groundhog Day comes close (my second favourite) and Sliding Doors tries.

For sheer emotion this film has the lot. I have watched it over 40 times now and I still get tearful towards the end of the film. If anyone wants to find out why life is worth living, this is the one to watch." (Source)


Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

4 comments:

  1. I bought the special boxed set version of this some time ago and watch it often. It picks me up when I'm feeling down in the dumps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a little over a month and a half..I'll be watching that at least 3 times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny tho... I didn't perceive this film as a "Xmas" film tho as I was watching it! I appreciate that it fits into that catergory tho. But for me it's more of an all-round life-reflection film - albeit a really beautiful one! :)
    Thanx for the comments, ladies. I appreciate it.
    Calayta
    Mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once one reaches the bottom, Mal - any day above ground is a good day .. heh.

    ReplyDelete