Friday 22 June 2007

Meme Madness


Sunday, May 15, 2006

1. Do you listen to the radio, or a CD, when you're driving in your car/truck/SUV? About 85% of the time a 48-CD mix I burnt from all my CD's last June/July! I never run out of random music to listen to that way. Like a huge CD collection of mp3's! heh heh The rest of the time would be local radio, for new/weather/road conditions etc.

2. Do you have one of those GPS systems in your vehicle? Nope. No point. I use old school navigation - MAPS!

3. About how many miles do you put on your vehicle in a month? About 400km's.

4. Do you have your oil changed regularly? Sure do. Just had my car serviced last month.

5. Do you take your vehicle to a car wash or do you wash it at home? I need to wash it... maybe I should go to the carwash, as it's only 4c/39f outside at the moment - too cold to be splashing about with water! Gagh!

6. How often do you have the inside of your vehicle cleaned? Do you do it yourself or do you pay someone to do it? I'll grab the vaccume and a damp cloth every few months... not often enough tho. The majority of the grunge lays at my feet, usually after going out to the Sailing Club [grass, dirt, pebbles etc]

7. What is the color of your vehicle? Dark blue!


Week 228
I say ... and you think ... ?


1. Riding :: for the Disabled
2. Actress :: Pratfall
3. Flowers :: Icehouse
4. Making :: Movies
5. Robot :: Plastic metallic sheen
6. Enjoy :: yourself, it's the only kife you've got
7. Identify :: Indemnify
8. 22 :: Catch
9. Busy :: as a Sloth
10. Forward :: Fast


1. Do you download music not from the popular genres of Top 40, pop, rock, rap, dance, R&B, or country? Normally I'd download out-of-print 1960's psychadelic stuff - and enjoy it.

2. Are there any musicians for whom you've downloaded a significant amount of their material yet own few or none of their albums? Hmmm... Gene Clark? The Byrds?

3. Have you ever enjoyed a downloaded album so much that you went and bought the physical album? Yes yes! Crowded House's new album! (well, it's on order - not released until next month).

4. How many different ways of playing music do you own (such as radio, stereo system, computer, Walkman/Discman, mp3 player, mp3-ready phone, etc.)? Hmmm... bedside clock/radio, bedroom stereo CD/cassette/radio, loungeroom CD/cassette/radio, sometimes I listen to some music on my desktop puter if I'm downloading something, but not always.

5. Do you still have and/or play a favorite vinyl album, cassette tape, or 8-track tape? I've got some old band rehersals for like 20 years ago on tape I pull out now and again, but I've transferred the majority of my old favourite cassettes onto CD thesedays.



Wednesday Mind Hump

1. Who? Bob Dylan
2. What? "Bringing It All Back Home" CD album
3. Where? Sitting on the desk right in front of me
4. Song "Subterranean Homesick Blues"
5. Food - bangers and mash
6. Animal - my goldfish "Thoon"

It will be up to you to interpret what to do with each of the above words.


Top 5 On Friday - Week 129

Top 5 songs that mention things in the sky in the title. (This could be anything...stars, planes, birds, clouds....etc)

1] Lucky in the Sky With Diamonds
2] Sky Pilot [The Animals] - a truely horrific song!
3] High Flyin' Bird [Country Joe and the Fish, 1967]
4] Head in the Clouds [Surprise, 1989]
5] Blowing in the Wind [Bob Dylan]


1. Have you ever talked to your doctor about stress levels in your life? Yes I have... my GP [doctor] is easy to talk to about things like that. Unfortunately - and it's nobody's fault but mine - I don't do it often enough :(

2. How likely are you to “let go” of something that stresses you out? It's hard to say... sometimes I take things too personally and to heart when I just shouldn't, and other times I can just shrug off things I shouldn't either!

3. Does your family or your work cause the most stress in your life? Do you think your family members or co-workers realize how much stress they generate? My family... I'm not working at the moment, which is stress enough in itself.

4. Take the quiz: Will You Live to 100?

Chance You'll Live to 100: 33%


Okay, so living until you're 100 is a long shot...

But who knows how good medicine will get in the future.

Take a little better care of your body, and you'll might actually see the triple digits.



5. When you think that you are at the breaking point, are you more likely to have an angry blow-up, a self-contained meltdown, or something in between? When was the last time you had such a moment? A self- contained meltdown, which internalises until it affects my health - all subconscious, of course! Actually, last Suday i just turned around and walked away from what could have been an explosive moment. I was rather happy that i did it too... and avoided saying something I may later regret.

6. When you’re stressed out, what is the first clue someone who knows you well is likely to pick up on? Quiet, sullen, moody, non-talkative.

Oh the noes! They're at it again!!!

"Let's Get Philosophical"

1. Do you think that people are inherently good or evil? Goodness spoilt by evil.
2. Is having a child important to make your life complete? Yes - my three sons satisfy me in a way nothing else ever could, can or will.
3. Is it true that first love never dies? Yes... MJD is a case in point. I still enjoy have positive feelings about her.
4. After forgiving, can you really forget? You forget the sharpness of the incident, but you don't forget the experience.
5. In the long run, do you believe that married couples are happier than single people? Yes, absolutely. They have someone to share their thoughts with, bounce ideas off, and just have someone else to hang out with. The problem is - they forget that and take each other for granted, hence why a lot of married couples seem unhappy.





Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

8 comments:

  1. Love your car Mal, it's a very pretty blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've not heard that Animals song.

    Thanks for playing this week, it's good to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' was the first song I though of, too. I ended up not using it, but it was right there. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool List.
    I went with Lucy as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Lucy!! :) I picked that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I couldn't but help choose a Beatles song in my list - their music is ingrained into my soul by now, I think!
    Mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Showing some comment love from music memoirs. "Lucy in the sky" was one of my picks too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked Lucy too.. I didn't even think of doing "wind" songs though! :)

    ReplyDelete