Saturday 23 June 2007

(*) Strawberry Tanning Solution



1. If you were going to remake a movie, what would it be and who would you cast in the roles? Hmmm... well, considering the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy film was a fizzer, and it took them years to get it together... but I know that's not gonna happen. I guess I'm an old Doughlas Adams diehard. I'm not a big fan of movie remakes in any ways.

2. If you could turn a book into a movie, what would it be and who would you cast in the roles? "The Far Road" by George Johnston [1962] - it'd be so dark, atmospheric, tense, surrounded by 100's of thousands Chineese dying of starvation all around you. The amazing almost lunar landscape and the bundles of decaying rags covered in windswept dust would be one of the main characters as well. Watching the main character {David Meredith} slowly go insane, struggling between morality, responsibility and mortality.

3. If you were going to turn a video game into a movie, what would it be? Would it be animated or live-action? I don't play video games, so I really wouldn't know. The only ones I've seen brief previews or ads for looked childish and rather weak.

4. You're going to turn a book into a TV series. What is it? Why would it make a good TV show? Well, it's been done twice! "My Brother Jack" by George Johnston [1964] was done by the ABC [Australia] in 1966, and more recently by the NIne Network in the last five years or so as well.

5. Do you generally prefer the movie versions or the novel versions of works? Novels usually, because you can create many more insights into a character's thoughts, reasons and reactions than you can on a two-dimensional screen. But that's just me.


Week 128 [Going Backwards here! Whups!]
Top 5 albums on your wishlist right now.....

That's easy!
1] Crowded House, "Time On Earth" [released next month - can't wait!]
2] Finn Bros, "Finn" [1995]
3] Miles Davis, "Bitches Brew" [1970]
4] Flamin' Groovies, "Teenage Head" [1971]
5] The Clouds, "Penny Century" [1991]
I've been adding a few new people to my Blogrolling List over here as well today --->
At the moment I'm listening to Crowded Houses' "Farewell to the World" double live CD - and enjoying it. I'm rather partial to the Crowdies! heh heh

Random thought... I made a copy of this CD off the DVD I bought of the gig... it's actually got a few songs that aren't on the CD as issued! Oooh! I didn't realize that!

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

1 comment:

  1. I've heard the new Crowded House already...It's wonderful. I can't wait to get a copy of it for my own.

    ReplyDelete