Tuesday 10 April 2007

(*) Sometimes it pays to speak up

You know, sometimes it pays to speak up...

You know that one-day job I was working at last week? Remember how I'd spoken up about their apparent lack-of personal input for new staff members?

Well, today I found out that it has not just happened to ME! Apparently just a week-or-so before, a lady of similar age to myself underwent an extremely similar situation to me at the same place, with thre same people, and she left after one day as well. She was treated even more poorly than I was!

Needless to say, one of the Job Network Providers will be putting in a complaint against them this week.

I'm just glad it wasn't just me that felt they were treating their staff - and it seems 'older' staff - pretty roughly!
I was all geared-up ready to get out and go sailing yesterday, except for one minor problem... there was absolutely NO wind... and I mean nothing-at-all! Millpond, mirror-like conditions... so, I went for a long drive instead of about 165kms. All the way to Oberon and back via some back quiet roads thru lots of beautiful pine forest and open rolling high plains. Lovely. And by the end of the trip, there was STILL no wind! heh heh. Bit awkward to sail when there's nothing to power your motor?!

All those km's, and granted I was cruising happily on mainly country backroads, even the 30 minutes I spent on the main highway - i did not see one police car anywhere! There was a lot of traffic going the other way out of Bathurst on my way home [after their easter weekend holidays, I assume], but not one single indication of Police presence out my way. Hmmm... interesting... unless thery were all hiding in a pub somewhere, perhaps? heh heh

I burned all the photos and videos that the boys took of the car races on saturday and dropped the CD off at their place at the start of my drive... it would've taken forever to try to down/upload them via email for me anyways. That's what they wanted [the photos/video, that is], so now they can play with them as they like!

Name seven of the very first things you notice about a person -- male or female -- when you meet them for the first time.
  1. Eyes - contact
  2. Smile - genuine
  3. Voice - relaxed and comfortable
  4. Hair - ownership
  5. Hands - relaxed
  6. Butt - [no comment! heh heh]
  7. Sense of self-worth


Ringo Starr - Ringo Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out Finn Brothers - Everyone Is Here The Beatles - The Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl
Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... I don't know how long it's been since I've seen (other than in my own stereo cabinet) an old-timey album cover like that Dave Brubeck one. Actually, that's one of my favorites too.

    What's really hilarious is looking at how the record companies tried to keep that ever-so-serious format and style of album cover material when things really got weird. Have you ever seen the album cover for Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida? Absolutely! I actually own the original vinyl [I used to listen to it with my mum back in the early 70's! hahahaa] and now a copy on CD as well! heh heh
    http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/iron_butterfly/in_a_gadda_da_vida/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i notice voices too.
    and genuine! that was the word i was searching for when i wanted to describe smiles. i also like to be on alert for sly grins. :o)

    ReplyDelete