Saturday 24 March 2007

(*) Strawberry Flowers

I want to to take the boys to the Bathurst International Motor Festival at Mt Panorama here in town on the Saturday at Easter. Tickets are like HALF the price of what I anticipated! Whoo hoo! My brother took us last year, and the whole event was a real fizzer... there was literally a 2 or 3 hour gap where there was *nothing * happening on the track. Looks like this year they have the whole three days stuffed with different classes of cars racing and displays etc etc etc. Mind you, motor racing doesn't "do it" for me, but I know the boys love it. As a bonus we all get free passes to the National Motor Racing Museum right next door to the track as well. Gives the boys another option if they get too bored of watching cars racing around the track! heh heh
Our State Election is on today - at last! For the past six-months-or-so I've had to put up with so many various promises and counter-promises that basically I don't give a fiddler's fart anymore! I did a Pre-Poll vote the other day, so I've done my "Democratic Duty", tho I'm not at all happy with the choices or quality of the four candidates here. But, what can you do? I do try to make the best choice as you can on those candidates you seem are the best on offer... well, it wasn't easy with four out of four of a bad bunch! heh heh. The Upper House voting paper wasn't much better either... ya, call me cynical? Go for it. After being personally involved in our democratic process for over 24 years now, I've turned from a rather die-hard [one particular party] voter, to a real 'swininging' voter, depending on each individual electoral situation. And at the moment, although the Govt. should be replaced [IMHO], it can only be replaced with an Opposition that's just as bad, aimless and gormless as the standing Govt!

Oh, I forgot to mention this... I was chatting to my housemate this morning, before she went out to spend the day at the pub [considering she got home at 4am this morning from the pub! hahahaha! Good on her!]. Guess who was sitting in one of the local pubs last night? Pauline Hanson herself! My housemate even posed for pics with her! Apparently Ms Hanson's boyfriend lives in nearby Oberon, but why she was hanging about the pub on a Friday night is anyones' guess! My housemate said that she was actually quite friendly and tolerant of everyone asking to pose for pics with her. Now, about her politics... well, the less said the better...


Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Oh the noes! They're at it again!!!
Where on earth do I find the titles for my posts? Why, here, of course!

You Are 50% Normal

While some of your behavior is quite normal...
Other things you do are downright strange
You've got a little of your freak going on
But you mostly keep your weirdness to yourself
How Normal Are You?

(Thanx to Broomhilda for the link)



Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

1 comment:

  1. I did the normal test and got 55 percent. And it said the same things. I did not think that i was 45 percent abnormal.

    ReplyDelete