Wednesday 5 November 2008

Calvin

This afternoon I spent a good 45-minutes catching-up here in town with a young* bloke, Calvin, about the possibility of him joining the band to sing and play a bit of rhythm guitar.

I'm quite impressed with him. The keyword to describe him is "passion" - a passion for music.

He's played a fair bit (drums and guitar), but he hasn't done much singing, as such. However, I know what his voice-type sounds like (it's quite good and characteristic, and very 'us'), and we're more-than-willing to "give him a go". (Isn't that very Aussie of us, huh? lol)

He sounds a lot like this guy here...


Mp3 Search
"Maybe Tomorrow" by Stereophonics.

Matt, Calvin and myself will try to get together for a jam session with acoustic guitars on this Sunday arvo, just to see how he goes. Altho Julian (our drummer) is away for two weeks, I've spoken to him this evening, and he's interested in this guys' attitude and enthusiasm, as am I. When Julian gets back, and we have a proper full band rehearsal, we'll give Calvin a go at singing some of the stuff we already do, plus a handful of songs he's suggested himself.

He's keen, and his enthusiasm for work is contagious.


*"Young" being entirely relational... he's 27, Matt is 33, Julian is 37, and I'm 375!



I see Obama has done it. Good on him and his team.

Now the hard work begins. Everything else until now was just a circus.
Peas be with ewe

Subscribe Subscribe to this Blog

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah if he's got a voice like Kelly Jones then you have to give him a try out mate. Nice one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how he does at your rehearsal.

    Like I told another blogger...I am filled with renewed hope in our country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the anon. commenter [who's outrageous comment about the USA I deleted]: if you don't have the guts to show who you are, then go away! Your idiotic threat did not intimidate me in any way.

    Not - bad... that's only the second silly, negative ridiculous comment I've ever received in 4+ years of blogging. I'm happy with that. Cool.

    Cyalayta
    Mal :)

    ReplyDelete