Thursday 24 January 2019

Time for some new Thoon?


(First posted: 24 January 2019)

I haven't had a goldfish for a few years, now. After the last one passed on, I just didn't grab another fishie, for no particular reason. The c.60-liter tank and all the associated 'stuff' is still sitting here, ready to go (sans-water, naturally!) I'm just thinking it might be time again. I even had a dream about having another fish the other night, and it started me thinking - why not?

I think part of my thinking over the last two years (since the MS diagnosis), is that if I can't look after myself properly all the time, how am I going to do that with a fish? Silly, isn't it?

I've always really enjoyed the stress-less relaxation of having a simple goldfish around the house. I'm starting to miss it.

This one will be about Thoon VII, I think?


➽► So, why "Thoon"?

Short answer: it's a fun, silly, random name (very me...).

Long answer: In a band many years ago, we used to invent words for sounds... 'Thoon' was "the sound of a cricket ball bowled just past off-stump..." 🏏

Much later, I discovered that 'Thoon' was the name of a Giant in Homer's "Illiad"!

I know... it's bizarre, random and absurd... perfect!


Bookmark this page: Mal's Thoon Fish

Peas be with ewe 
Mal

No comments:

Post a Comment